British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noaksey

Wolves v Aces Cup 2nd leg 10/4

35 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The more that gets announced early though, the more the scrutiny on here of it's legitimacy....:D..

Best to just announce nothing and keep your head down...;)

The beauty being of course that even if things may not appear to some to be 100% correct, your opponents will invariably need to do something similar later in the season so will hardly kick up any fuss... 

A 'win/win'. ..:t:

Not really, because in recent years the club officials, referee and SCB use a speedway line ups website which lists both teams line ups which has to updated several days in advance of the fixture so any problems which are raised are resolved prior to the match date.

Well that’s the theory anyway.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Marksman said:

Probably stating the obvious here but almost every time I watch the Premiership I can’t help think that the make up of most of the tracks make it awful to watch.
We can get all the top riders we want over here, but on these tracks it will still be boring to watch. 
Was the same last week at Sheffield, far too narrow, and the leader just clears off

It's funny how perceptions change.I used to think Sheffield was one of the best tracks in the country,with wide sweeping bends,but now people are saying it's too narrow.Has this something to do with the different style of riding needed for the laydowns,as opposed to the upright engined bikes.

3 hours ago, therefused said:

What a joke 

Why is it a joke, it just confirms Bomber guesting was legit, even though that’s not what all the moaners on here want to believe. At the end of the day there was a Becker sized hole in the team that Bomber filled nicely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Why is it a joke, it just confirms Bomber guesting was legit, even though that’s not what all the moaners on here want to believe. At the end of the day there was a Becker sized hole in the team that Bomber filled nicely.

Is one allowed to ask who will be declared in the Wolves team for Thursday's fixture at King's Lynn

I think it might be time to get my coat :blush:

4 hours ago, Derrickn said:

It's funny how perceptions change.I used to think Sheffield was one of the best tracks in the country,with wide sweeping bends,but now people are saying it's too narrow.Has this something to do with the different style of riding needed for the laydowns,as opposed to the upright engined bikes.

I confess I have never thought of Sheffield as being a wide track. I would imagine the air fence has narrowed it a bit more compared to the upright engined days

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Derrickn said:

Watch videos of "the old days" and riders hit the bends straighter than they do now with the full broadside getting pulled almost at the end of the turn so they could get wheels in line for the straight...

Similar to how grasstrack riders still do it...

This meant riders had room on the outside to make passes as they entered the bends with heavy dirt to be used to lock up and find grip via the outside, and throttle control used to put the power down to the track...

Nowadays at many tracks, given they are so slick, the riders go in "sideways", on full gas, blocking much of the track, meaning not much room around the outside to pass.. 

Sheffield with the air fence in particular has suffered, as has Monmore since the second bend was reconfigured...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

I confess I have never thought of Sheffield as being a wide track. I would imagine the air fence has narrowed it a bit more compared to the upright engined days

I did attend Sheffield on a regular basis for a season or two, a little while ago, you understand. They had a rider back then who wasn't everyone's cup of tea. But my memories of his 4th lap, 4th bend sweeps will live with me forever. Maybe it was his neck scarf, which although almost universal back in day, had then fallen from use. I'm sure some of you will know who I'm referring to.

• Like 1