British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flappy

Panthers v Leicester - Bank Holiday Monday

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

Tactical call off. Sums British speedway up tbh. 

I think that there is no doubt that if all matches that are called off delivered a point a piece draw, with no restaging, that there would be a hell of lot less call offs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

Tactical call off. Sums British speedway up tbh. 

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I think that there is no doubt that if all matches that are called off delivered a point a piece draw, with no restaging, that there would be a hell of lot less call offs...

Neither apply to this particular meeting though - undoubtedly the right decision with the torrential rain here for most of the day.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Neither apply to this particular meeting though - undoubtedly the right decision with the torrential rain here for most of the day.

Okay, if it’s raining then fair enough as I’m in the south west & since midday it’s been fine so I would expect a meeting to be on. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

What a shambles.

The weather is incredible in Peterborough.

Costa Del Boro :D

33 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Okay, if it’s raining then fair enough as I’m in the south west & since midday it’s been fine so I would expect a meeting to be on. 

It was as forecast around this area.It was raining when i got up at 6am.And rained all day whilst i was out until about 1pm.Imo it had zero chance of going ahead with the amount of rain that had fell.

• Like 1

Whatever the conspiracy theories, there is no way this meeting could have been on today. The call off has been proved the right one. 

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

So how would season ticket holders and sponsors and even riders feel about this ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Haza said:

So how would season ticket holders and sponsors and even riders feel about this ?

Season ticket holders could get a refund for the matches they miss..

Sponsors are fans so I am sure will accept the odd missed meeting, and on the plus side, would now sponsor a team in a a sport with credibility that doesnt allow for any "strange" call offs like we seem to get from time to time, meaning also that their brand wouldn't be impacted by being associated to something that can be regarded as "a bit Mickey Mouse" when it comes to governance, integrity and credibility..

And maybe riders would be more inclined to ride on those 50/50 nights which currently see meetings getting called off more often than not, thus the fans feel a bit more confident on attending when all isnt "perfect"...

Only being given a point for a draw would certainly focus the attention of the promoters to try anything and everything to get the meeting on I would think..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well on my now infrequent returns to this forum to see the changes being brought in by the new CEO Phil Morris………..

Nothing has Changed ….. tactical call offs …. Riders lasting half a lap …….then packing up……. Rider replacement making an early return …replacement riders used illegally over points limits …. Tracks not ready for racing on opening meeting and “being modified “… oh and yes paramedic being very late for opening meeting …

In a brewery.  piss ups and couldn’t organise one come to mind 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Well on my now infrequent returns to this forum to see the changes being brought in by the new CEO Phil Morris………..

Nothing has Changed ….. tactical call offs …. Riders lasting half a lap …….then packing up……. Rider replacement making an early return …replacement riders used illegally over points limits …. Tracks not ready for racing on opening meeting and “being modified “… oh and yes paramedic being very late for opening meeting …

Which replacement riders were used illegally over points limit?

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Once again, you're talking out of your arse. The original paramedic cried off at short notice and the one who took over had completed a 14 hour shift before attending at Kent. Why don't you ever check the facts before spouting your rubbish.

Harris rode as a gust to replace Scott Nicholls for Wolves ......

And the "paramedic" didnt turn up ....... delaying the meeting start ......that  is a FACT  .... thanks for your explantion of WHY the paramedic didnt turn up on time and the meeting was delayed.

All in the first 2 weeks of the new season ......... it can only get better ...........