British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v GLASGOW (BSN) April 15th - 7pm

13 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Well after so looking forward to tonight was totally underwhelmed, embarrassed by Berwick tonight no excuses were second best all night, only two heat advantages and one was against one rider, Glasgow well deserved winners good luck in the next round.On another note a lot of old faces nowhere to be seen, where we stand a least 4 people not there,and 1 OAP came over and said he knew of at least 16 not there,they are infuriated by the £7 increase for them, will be found out after the Edinburgh match, would say there were just as many Glasgow supporters as Berwick.So the next streamed meeting will sit in the house and save myself over £60,rant over.

The £20 admission across the board and all age groups is a scandal, I`ve said for along time that at Championship level £1 per race is more than adequate so the likes of me should be paying £15 with OAP`s etc paying £10. To ask anymore to pay more is just clouded business thinking and those promotions who do charge £20 across the board without concession seemed to be thinking lets screw what little customers we have left for as much as we can, lets face it most Championship crowds season on season are dwindling and moves like this will see one or two clubs at this level struggle, sadly I believe Berwick will be one. It is to be hoped there will be a reconsideration of this, time will tell.

Many supporters I spoke to last night before during and after the meeting seemed to be of the same thinking, this season many will pick and choose the meetings and if last night was anything to go by if Berwick start losing at home they wont bother at all so to that end its played one lost one. I personally didn't renew my season ticket for the first time in the last five seasons, it seems many followed suit. The good news for Berwick is that they wont have to face a team as good as Glasgow every week, but a home defeat to Edinburgh and then Redcar will have some voting with their feet and what is sure is that nothing empties a stadium quicker than a few home defeats.

As for the meeting, very impressed by Glasgow, after many years of trying and much money being thrown at it, I think this Glasgow has what it takes to become Championship Champions. As for Berwick a lack of heat winners and heat advantages at home just wont do and one look at the scoring charts will tell you where the weak links are, that will need addressing, either the riders need to change or the club will need to change the riders.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Last year Harris and Greg in the bullits meetings laid rest to the myth you canny pass . You’ve just got to want to pass . The speed will put people off but not others. Track rather slick last night. To stop Harris doing his wall of death passing possibly. Glasgow we’re just too good last night end of. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't think there are any Marcin doubters, just one clown trying to wind people up.

:icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown: it wasn't me as Shaggy said...

2 hours ago, screm said:

The £20 admission across the board and all age groups is a scandal, I`ve said for along time that at Championship level £1 per race is more than adequate so the likes of me should be paying £15 with OAP`s etc paying £10. To ask anymore to pay more is just clouded business thinking and those promotions who do charge £20 across the board without concession seemed to be thinking lets screw what little customers we have left for as much as we can, lets face it most Championship crowds season on season are dwindling and moves like this will see one or two clubs at this level struggle, sadly I believe Berwick will be one. It is to be hoped there will be a reconsideration of this, time will tell.

Many supporters I spoke to last night before during and after the meeting seemed to be of the same thinking, this season many will pick and choose the meetings and if last night was anything to go by if Berwick start losing at home they wont bother at all so to that end its played one lost one. I personally didn't renew my season ticket for the first time in the last five seasons, it seems many followed suit. The good news for Berwick is that they wont have to face a team as good as Glasgow every week, but a home defeat to Edinburgh and then Redcar will have some voting with their feet and what is sure is that nothing empties a stadium quicker than a few home defeats.

As for the meeting, very impressed by Glasgow, after many years of trying and much money being thrown at it, I think this Glasgow has what it takes to become Championship Champions. As for Berwick a lack of heat winners and heat advantages at home just wont do and one look at the scoring charts will tell you where the weak links are, that will need addressing, either the riders need to change or the club will need to change the riders.

Agree but considering Glasgow only had six riders

1 hour ago, Stuntdouble said:

Last year Harris and Greg in the bullits meetings laid rest to the myth you canny pass . You’ve just got to want to pass . The speed will put people off but not others. Track rather slick last night. To stop Harris doing his wall of death passing possibly. Glasgow we’re just too good last night end of. 

I’ll agree with this, to a point. I’ve seen some good racing at National League level at Berwick. I think that’s because of the wider skill gap though. It seems to be too hard at Championship level. When I’ve been to a double header, the Bullets meeting has always been far better.

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Hope bandits get their team sorted out before the league campaign, got a lot of time for the fans and promotion. I can't imagine etheridge having as bad a home meeting again, looked bit tentative after his injury. Can't help thinking be stronger dropping TJ and a 2 pointer for couple 5 pointers but that was just based on last night's performance may get it right. 

Dany Gappmaier or Busk Jacobsen if either wanted to ride in this country plus Dan Thompson instead of Jorgensen and Stoneman and get Knudsen to reserve before his average goes up too far.Wont happen as too early to make changes but would strengthen side at Shielfield at least.Suppose you have to give current side time though.Main problem still goes back to Jorgensen's 9.5 average knackering the whole team building.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, alang said:

Dany Gappmaier or Busk Jacobsen if either wanted to ride in this country plus Dan Thompson instead of Jorgensen and Stoneman and get Knudsen to reserve before his average goes up too far.Wont happen as too early to make changes but would strengthen side at Shielfield at least.Suppose you have to give current side time though.Main problem still goes back to Jorgensen's 9.5 average knackering the whole team building.

What about the other Knudsen? Seems to score just as well his brother in Denmark. 

39 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What about the other Knudsen? Seems to score just as well his brother in Denmark. 

Probably need your help with a visa again!

• Haha 1

Another year & yet again Glasgow fans getting over excited before they’ve raced all the other teams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

Harris is an exception at Shielfield  and Greg is daredevil enough to pass NDL juniors.Name any other Bandits in recent years that can regularly pass better riders.Riders like Wright, Riss,Cook and otherNo1’s rarely get passed due to speed IMO.I’m not knocking the racing I actually though it was ok last night.Mr Barrie wets himself any night we get a couple of passes in 1 race.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, col69 said:

time to get the house in order berwick

Get behind the lads…

4 minutes ago, soupy said:

Get behind the lads…

all ways behind the lads mate lollollol

39 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Harris is an exception at Shielfield  and Greg is daredevil enough to pass NDL juniors.Name any other Bandits in recent years that can regularly pass better riders.Riders like Wright, Riss,Cook and otherNo1’s rarely get passed due to speed IMO.I’m not knocking the racing I actually though it was ok last night.Mr Barrie wets himself any night we get a couple of passes in 1 race.

was Dick there lol i thought it was Norman Collier on the mic

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Normski said:

was Dick there lol i thought it was Norman Collier on the mic

Is was good when he turned round and it went silent .BLISS.

• Like 1

Speakers on the back straight kept cutting out all night.

Lets just say it was a blessing when Dick was waffling.