British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Belle Vue 13th April

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He could physically score less but his average cannot drop below 4 in terms of team building and declaration purposes

ah ok! Thanks

Strange how he is assessed 5 for team building purposes,,, but can drop to 4 for team building purposes,     only in speedway:rofl:

On 4/15/2023 at 6:22 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not a lot

In the standard cut and thrust of lap 1 Brennan possibly blocked Wights run and effectively ended his challenge for the lead

Have seem plenty worse - certainly no need for that reaction 

From memory on previous visits when with Somerset Wright seemed to have a similar lack of understanding when partnered with Starke....

It’s what cost him his job at Somerset when he had a meltdown because he was due to be replaced by Jason Doyle as a tac sub - a move which then also cost us winning the league… Not that I’m bitter after all these years and seen my team close down.

Mark Lemon has got work to do with Wright obviously. Seems very childish based on the comments on here.

3 hours ago, Garry1603 said:

Mark Lemon has got work to do with Wright obviously. Seems very childish based on the comments on here.

We had Tom at a Nuneaton Speedway Supporters Club meeting last year. Obviously, meeting a rider and listening to him, at length, in interview, doesn't necessarily translate into how he behaves on track. But I have to say, I look forward to the next time I hear him speak with some anticipation. A consummate profession, who demonstrates all the attributes of a future champion (excuse me, a current World Champion). If he rode for a team near me, I'd go and watch him ride.

Footnote: Tom declared his devotion to British speedway, in spite of the obvious temptations of those Polish (sometimes) pay masters.

I have no axe to grind when it comes to Charles. But reports of any team mates falling out, in such a public way, seems to me to be rather unseemly. Or am I just old fashioned? (or just old?)

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Strange how he is assessed 5 for team building purposes, but can drop to 4 for team building purposes, only in speedway:rofl:

Not really, same with Sayfutdinov, but he's not really gonna drop his average.

It's one of the best rules they thought of not letting foreigners drop to 3.00, maybe more effective in the Championship but riders like Anders Andersen, Rafal Konopka, Arlo Bugeja - would often get team places ahead of Brits despite their low averages.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Rew can drop to 4.00, but I'm not sure if Hume will end up above 4.00?

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He was last year - only the 25% reduction puts him lower at present

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well you’d hope he would. He was over 4 last year so if there’s any improvement in him he’ll need to be pushing 5. 

Hume's 12 match rolling ave is now at 3.85. Last year he was the RS now riding at number 6 he gets tougher rides, so can't see him getting back above 4.00 imo

Edited by szkocjasid

On 4/16/2023 at 6:40 AM, GeneralMelchett said:

Hume scored 5+1 from his 4 programmed rides including a 5-1 with Emil over two riders who are significantly higher ranked than him - he was never going to score in heat one unless he got third! 

he had 6 rides not 7 (the updates site is wrong) one was RR in heat one the other replacing his reserve partner late on. 

Updates site updated. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 7:29 PM, Baldyman said:

I can't see Hume averaging over 5,,,so Rew won't ever get a  confidence boosting stint at reserve

Why should Rew ride at reserve.? He is better than that he will be in the future anyhow.

Edited by Sidney the robin

I can see Torun looking very closely at Emil's current workload. A very poor performance from him today.

All of that travelling between the UK and Poland is not helping his Polish league performances.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

good to see the British sticking to health and safety rules. wouldn't want any of these idiot speedway riders riding into pit area and killing someone would we.

2 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

I can see Torun looking very closely at Emil's current workload. A very poor performance from him today.

All of that travelling between the UK and Poland is not helping his Polish league performances.

But looking at Dan's performances, Wroclaw will encourage him to keep getting (well) paid practice over here.. :D

4 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Given he last rode for Ipswich on Thursday & has had 3 days to get ready for Torun, that would be a rediculous excuse for a dissapointing performance!

Edited by szkocjasid