British Speedway Forum
cheggie

Glasgow Tigers v Berwick Bandits 14/04/23

14 minutes ago, Hamster00 said:

You’ve got a brighter future as a team manager than as a weather forecaster that’s for sure 

Weather forecasters don't have to get it right though!

We've had a bit of everything tonight... Apart from passing. Not a lot of that.

10 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Weather forecasters don't have to get it right though!

We've had a bit of everything tonight... Apart from passing. Not a lot of that.

Yeah only really one line tonight unfortunately

Lots of stoppages tonight? I’ve been back home in Edinburgh for about 20 mins having seen 15 heats at Armadale! 

Just now, JanAndersen said:

Lots of stoppages tonight? I’ve been back home in Edinburgh for about 20 mins having seen 15 heats at Armadale! 

2 withdrawals. Knudsen hit the metal fence in heat 2 and Piper had a horrible head-on impact with the air fence in heat 8. We've also had Greg Blair exchanging signals with the ref at one point (although the ref was in the right).

• Like 1

I have seen some fantastic races over the years at Ashfield but Heat 13 tonight has got to be one of the best I have witnessed.

Basso again showing what a talent he is but an all round strong performance and well done to Tom on his full maximum.

Couple of nasty crashes hope both Jonas and Ace aren’t badly hurt but both were down to rider error thought the track was excellent tonight with multiple lines.

• Like 1

Heat 13 best heat I have seen for a very long time. Both sides at one point on 5-1s and could throw blanket over 3 riders at the finish. 

Track was grippy which made it one lineish but made up for it in heat 13. Both crashes unfortunately pilot error hope both riders aren't out for too long.

TJ was very good and Blair got stuck in but rest of bandits were a bit disappointing. 

3 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Yep, draw on the night and it's winner takes all in the Super Heat, I believe. That would be the sensible thing to do anyway...

It's not "winner takes all" in the superheat, 2 points for a winning-draw and 1 point for a losing-draw

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Terrible use of TS again by Berwick

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I didn't understand it either. Surely IRR in heat 5, then T/S in heat 6 to replace Greg Blair would have been the best option.

I thought the same thing, as Jorgensen had win his first ride, why give Flint the extra ride?

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I thought the same thing, as Jorgensen had win his first ride, why give Flint the extra ride?

Exactly. Flint had beaten ace in his first ride TJ had comfortably beaten Harris. Mental decision 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It's not "winner takes all" in the superheat, 2 points for a winning-draw and 1 point for a losing-draw

It would have been tonight, in effect, because they started equal on points. In terms of points awarded, you are right, but tonight was about topping the group.

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Leon often gets the extra rides. Happened in the reverse fixture too, I think. Surely not nepotism?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

It would have been tonight, in effect, because they started equal on points. In terms of points awarded, you are right, but tonight was about topping the group.

do  you not also get a point for aggregate score 

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

They read my remarks. 7 passes in heat 13!

What a race that was too

3 hours ago, Hamster00 said:

Looks pretty dangerous from where I am

Nothing new there then

The track was certainly not dangerous.The2 crashes were rider error and nothing to do with the track.You won’t see a better race this season than ht13.Bandits put in the effort but we’re outridden on the night.Flint and Etheridge are not a good pairing IMO.

• Like 1