British Speedway Forum
tocha

Edinburgh Monarchs v Berwick Bandits 21st April - Live on BSN

32 minutes ago, soupy said:

See what happens Col69 when you get behind the lads…

He’s always right behind.

• Haha 1

It was interesting that Pickering chose gates 1-3 having won the toss,obviously track conditions must have been a bit different to normal for some reason,also no outside line that Josh revels in.

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He’s always right behind.

just like edinburghwas last night

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, King Jamie said:

I've got a 2.00 average. I reckon I could bag double figures tomorrow.

You could have last night if you had gate 4 in every race 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

It was interesting that Pickering chose gates 1-3 having won the toss,obviously track conditions must have been a bit different to normal for some reason,also no outside line that Josh revels in.

Is that not why riders do a track walk before the meeting to suss out what the track is like and what gates are the best 

Poor night at the office.

Well done Bandits though - strong all through the team.

Watch BSN stream for a change. Greg Blair was fantastic - such a natural at the job!!

Interesting he talked to Jacob Hook about the split start & finish lines and about it being stressed to the riders not to shut off too early.

So what does Paco do.................?!!   (Well it looked like that to me.)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, snapper said:

Is that not why riders do a track walk before the meeting to suss out what the track is like and what gates are the best 

Yip.

14 hours ago, Midget said:

I think the time has come for Kyle Bickley to accept that he is never going to make it as a speedway rider 

At youth levels Kyle Bickley won just about everything there was to win and looked a real prospect. Sadly for him since he took the step up to senior league racing he has went pretty much nowhere either with Workington, Glasgow, Berwick and now Edinburgh. Certainly looks the part, well turned out, good equipment but just lacking the necessaries to make the step up.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Was worth the 25 quid a month alone for that moment :rofl:

Now now at his age he doesn't get excited very often I don't suppose lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought Phil lanning made a good point last night about the broken up stop/ start to the season and how teams not really getting into a rhythm particularly at home. Looking at the fixtures with fewer home matches could be a few more away wins than usual

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I thought Phil lanning made a good point last night about the broken up stop/ start to the season and how teams not really getting into a rhythm particularly at home. Looking at the fixtures with fewer home matches could be a few more away wins than usual

Certainly not riding home meeting every week probably doesn’t help the confidence.Especially if you have a bad one.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That will definitely make for an interesting league table! 

3 hours ago, snapper said:

yes usually gate 4 is a graveyard from mid meeting on as it’s on the racing line but with no outside line everybody was riding further in so made gate 4 the best gate 

Not really sure how to describe last night. Other than Rory, Berwick were bang average. We were awful to put it nicely. 

Don’t know what’s going on with the track at the moment easy for away riders to ride with it being slick and nothing on it. Track and starts different every week so difficult to get a consistent set up. Get some dirt down and make grippy again making it far too easy for the opposition these days with the way we set it up now imo. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Not really sure how to describe last night. Other than Rory, Berwick were bang average. We were awful to put it nicely. 

Don’t know what’s going on with the track at the moment easy for away riders to ride with it being slick and nothing on it. Track and starts different every week so difficult to get a consistent set up. Get some dirt down and make grippy again making it far too easy for the opposition these days with the way we set it up now imo. 

Would agree regarding the track ,trouble is only a couple of your Team would want dirt on track.Slick track are the norm these days.