British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

PLYMOUTH 'Gladiators' vs POOLE 'Pirates' : BSN SERIES (Southern) : 25/04/2023

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

the prediction!! Most riders don't like going to Plymouth. 

Poole won there three times last season.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Poole won there three times last season.

Different teams!! And i think we also lost by 14-16 there in the league last season. Also most of the time they didn't have their normal team, so potentially easier when using 3 guests or so. You are either really underestimating Plymouth or you are going to just say Poole are going to win all the time and we don't say, 'can't believe they didn't win'. Can't work out which one it is yet.

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Different teams!! And i think we also lost by 14-16 there in the league last season. Also most of the time they didn't have their normal team, so potentially easier when using 3 guests or so. You are either really underestimating Plymouth or you are going to just say Poole are going to win all the time and we don't say, 'can't believe they didn't win'. Can't work out which one it is yet.

Neither really, just fancied Poole tonight with the two R/R's and Plymouth having made a slow start. As you said the result didn't really matter but was a bit surprised Poole didn't win.

53 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Neither really, just fancied Poole tonight with the two R/R's and Plymouth having made a slow start. As you said the result didn't really matter but was a bit surprised Poole didn't win.

Okay, will just have to disagree with our predictions :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh my. After H10 didn't think we were going to get a last heat decider! Almost got my prediction of 45-45 right. But Christina put paid to that. Maybe she didn't want a H16? :unsure: Will have to wait and see what Plymouth fans saying about Worrall and Barker coming together.

From where I was sitting - and I had a very good view - the referee's decision was correct.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

From where I was sitting - and I had a very good view - the referee's decision was correct.

I wasn’t there and have no idea what happened.

But as it went against Poole I wholeheartedly agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

Oxford were a far better team than `poole at Plymouth. 

And Oxford were a better team than Plymouth at Poole. Which would suggest that, of the three, Oxford are best, Poole second and Plymouth are the worst. I’m not convinced.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

And Oxford were a better team than Plymouth at Poole. Which would suggest that, of the three, Oxford are best, Poole second and Plymouth are the worst. I’m not convinced.

Lol, potentially we are better at Oxford. Depends if Plymouth can score 47 there or not :D

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Most of my pals from Plymouth thought the same thing, particularly highlighting decision to use R/R for Worrall and the comparative strength of the reserves (it should be said they are, and always have been, a pessimistic lot).

• Like 1

Well there's a shock , Poole have been beaten.  Apparently in a match that "didn't matter" ?  

Bet Middleditch went home with the right "ump" . He doesnt like losing poor chap. :-) :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2