British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Lynn v Sheffield 24/04/23

53 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Orrrrrr get a decent guest in at reserve and look to make a dent in that. If Kasprzak carries on from last week then who knows. 

Simon Lambert coming in to guest for Pickering absolutely stinks.

If there was a standout candidate I'd absolutely agree, however I'm not sure who would be any better anyway, Ipswich only team not riding and most Championship riders very inexperienced at Lynn. Realistically you are looking at Vissing, Cook, Barker, Hume, Etheridge, Knudsen, Starke, Rew or James Wright. Take away those who aren't fit, who probably aren't in the country and those who would be debuting at Lynn and I can't see anyone who would be much better than a local rider who has done thousands of laps at Lynn and beat some of those riders on his way to eight points in the Ben Fund meeting in March.

All that said we need Pickering back pronto, or the averages to change on 1st May so he goes into the top five.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If there was a standout candidate I'd absolutely agree, however I'm not sure who would be any better anyway, Ipswich only team not riding and most Championship riders very inexperienced at Lynn. Realistically you are looking at Vissing, Cook, Barker, Hume, Etheridge, Knudsen, Starke, Rew or James Wright. Take away those who aren't fit, who probably aren't in the country and those who would be debuting at Lynn and I can't see anyone who would be much better than a local rider who has done thousands of laps at Lynn and beat some of those riders on his way to eight points in the Ben Fund meeting in March.

All that said we need Pickering back pronto, or the averages to change on 1st May so he goes into the top five.

Take Rew out of that i think.He may be ineligible due to having an assessed average.

Just now, tellboy said:

Take Rew out of that i think.He may be ineligible due to having an assessed average.

Craig Cook over Simon Lambert every day of the week. Even if you lose the overall tie it is massively important to keep winning your home matches and keep up momentum. Speedway fans are fickle and will keep coming back aslong as you win at home.

4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Craig Cook over Simon Lambert every day of the week. Even if you lose the overall tie it is massively important to keep winning your home matches and keep up momentum. Speedway fans are fickle and will keep coming back aslong as you win at home.

Cook and possibly Barker are the only two out of that list I'd even consider, apparently Cook had bike trouble and was suffering from a virus at Berwick last night so perhaps he was asked and declined? Who knows. 

Essentially though it's slim pickings.

5 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Lets wait and see what Simon scores first. He's seldom let the club down when riding in the reserve berth, and certainly never gives up, even when he's last..

4 hours ago, mrss said:

I agree he always tries his best, but I am fairly certain he won’t score as many points as Josh Pickering would at reserve. Sadly Simon Lamberts best days are behind him.

The question shouldn't be "can Simon score what Josh could" but "who is available that could score more than Simon"

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'll go for:

King's Lynn 44 - 46 Sheffield

Without Picko at reserve, I think more like 40-50 .

Edited by Bald Bloke

I will be staying at home and saving my money, fed up with Dale getting his mates in the team. 
I have been going over 40 years now and this is the first time I can’t be bothered to go. need a forward thinking promotion who want to promote and not just expect people to turn up and pay there hard earned money for a weak assembled team. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Najjer said:

I would have gone for Cook,but he is ill.Also would he have been asked anyway,it seems he has burnt his bridges with several PL clubs.

I see the Wolves meeting is off.Get on the phone to Nicholls now.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

I see the Wolves meeting is off.Get on the phone to Nicholls now.

If not then Justin Sedgemen, Jake Allen, Leon Flint & Zak Cook are now available. Steve Worrall would fit with his British discount but I assume that doesn't count for guest appearances? 

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If not then Justin Sedgemen, Jake Allen, Leon Flint & Zak Cook are now available. Steve Worrall would fit with his British discount but I assume that doesn't count for guest appearances? 

There's plenty to choose from now.It would be a bit harsh on Lambert but this is sport and you must do the best you can for your team to get a result.

S.Worrall does fit according to the averages. 

• Like 1

Just now, tellboy said:

There's plenty to choose from now.It would be a bit harsh on Lambert but this is sport and you must do the best you can for your team to get a result.

S.Worrall does fit according to the averages. 

Absolutely. Little excuse for Buster's two clubs to not strengthen on the back of the Wolves postponement for the sake of the two crowds.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely. Little excuse for Buster's two clubs to not strengthen on the back of the Wolves postponement for the sake of the two crowds.

My guess Busters thoughts Pboro no chance at Belle Vue and the Lynn v Sheffield tie is over so save money on both meetings by going with R/R at BV and use Allit’s mate at Lynn .

This is the meeting Ellis needs to put some points on board he’s been pretty average so far. With no Toby we need him. 

The tie looks over on aggregate though riders surely still riding for pride and a pay day. Never stay at home go support the team, you may yet see a tight contest with some close racing.