British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Leicester v King's Lynn 27th April

Steve Worrall in for KK (Extraliga rearranged match) and Craig Cook for Josh Pickering.

Massive improvement required from the Lynn riders.

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Steve Worrall in for KK (Extraliga rearranged match) and Craig Cook for Josh Pickering.

If Lynn have any sense they’ll book Cook for Bank Holiday Monday as well. Cook is far superior to Pickering around Foxhall. Hopefully you’ll get S Lambert again..

Two good replacements here, makes this a tight one for me. Two point win either way. 

59 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

What's happened to Picko?

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Injured. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Crashed at berwick first ride on Saturday out for a few weeks I believe. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Injured. 

Thanks

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Would have preferred Douglas and Worrall/Nicholls.Douglas is pretty good at Leicester.Still not bad replacements as it is.

It still doesn't undo the rubbish we had to endure last night.It seems from the report from last night that they are going to put up with them for a little longer.How much longer do we give them.Two matches imo is make or break for the riders if they don't perform then they must go.Problem being if you do like for like their averages drop in May which makes it that little harder.

Douglas guested at Leic last Thur so surely not eligible

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Would have preferred Douglas and Worrall/Nicholls.Douglas is pretty good at Leicester.Still not bad replacements as it is.

It still doesn't undo the rubbish we had to endure last night.It seems from the report from last night that they are going to put up with them for a little longer.How much longer do we give them.Two matches imo is make or break for the riders if they don't perform then they must go.Problem being if you do like for like their averages drop in May which makes it that little harder.

Problem is other options. Drop Klindt and a couple of others sure, but who is out there and within a tight budget that could come in and strengthen? Isn’t easy or straightforward. Very few who would make a difference want to race here, and those that would consider it are very expensive. It’s the age old problem isn’t it. I’m not sure how well off Lynn are as a club in terms of sponsorship? I’d guess nowhere near as much as others, my team Ipswich included. All well and good supporters wanting better riders and a strong team, we all want that, but it isn’t us that has to pay the money to get them and potentially face the financial losses that we all get told most clubs make. 

It’s a fine line balancing what you can afford and risk losing the punters through not being competitive, and pushing the boat out for a few expensive riders and hoping that the extra gate receipts go some way to paying for them. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Problem is other options. Drop Klindt and a couple of others sure, but who is out there and within a tight budget that could come in and strengthen? Isn’t easy or straightforward. Very few who would make a difference want to race here, and those that would consider it are very expensive. It’s the age old problem isn’t it. I’m not sure how well off Lynn are as a club in terms of sponsorship? I’d guess nowhere near as much as others, my team Ipswich included. All well and good supporters wanting better riders and a strong team, we all want that, but it isn’t us that has to pay the money to get them and potentially face the financial losses that we all get told most clubs make. 

It’s a fine line balancing what you can afford and risk losing the punters through not being competitive, and pushing the boat out for a few expensive riders and hoping that the extra gate receipts go some way to paying for them. 

Yep ,problem being that 90 % of crowd are from the uk which love to whinge and wine about anything but be grateful that we have a  2 speedway paid leagues with ample riders from all over the world, wake up or loose it

On 4/25/2023 at 7:50 AM, Arch Stanton said:

If Lynn have any sense they’ll book Cook for Bank Holiday Monday as well. Cook is far superior to Pickering around Foxhall. Hopefully you’ll get S Lambert again..

Two good replacements here, makes this a tight one for me. Two point win either way. 

Apparently Lewis Kerr is booked for Monday at Ipswich and Thursday at home for Picko

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackPells said:

Apparently Lewis Kerr is booked for Monday at Ipswich and Thursday at home for Picko

Also a good choice. Enjoys Foxhall far more than Pickering who always looks very uncomfortable there. 

I hear that a Leicester team will also be involved on Thursday and won't need to be propped-up with guests. Or is it just a rumour. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 4/25/2023 at 7:50 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Lambert :D

I think the weather forecasters may win this one