British Speedway Forum
cowboy cookie returns?

Ipswich V Kings Lynn May 1st

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I know we did,but did any of us expect it to be utilised so much so early in the season.I didn't myself.

Absolutely  - I think it was thought it would be a last resort if needed rather than the seemingly go to norm so far

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

....and yet attendances are reportedly up at several tracks!

Up from what? 500 to 510 is up. Until they start publishing attendances, it's all just stories.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

I know we did,but did any of us expect it to be utilised so much so early in the season.I didn't myself.

Poland has also had rain ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs

On 4/29/2023 at 6:23 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Of course it'll be packed, a bank holday meeting. Just a shame there's no return leg like the old days. 

Like I said though, it'll be embarrassing if you don't win by 20

Foxhall was always the return leg - it was Compost Corner in the morning.

On 4/29/2023 at 5:53 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Whilst we continue to run R/R for Riss then absolutely. We didn’t get away with against Belle Vue, but just about got away with it against Sheffield due to Jack Holder having his usual Foxhall stinker. It’ll be close again Monday. 

Match preview says:

"The Ipswich management have been assessing their options with rider replacement not a viable long-term option but are giving Riss as much time as possible to return."

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Match preview says:

"The Ipswich management have been assessing their options with rider replacement not a viable long-term option but are giving Riss as much time as possible to return."

Yeah I did see that RJ. But surely there has to be an option out there to get someone in as a 28 day replacement that would pay higher dividends than the three points R/R has been achieving? I get that they really like Riss and they’re giving him every opportunity, but as we can’t have a guest for him, a short term 28 day replacement helps us in the short term whilst also keeping Riss’ place for him when he’s fit and ready to return. 

Perhaps the options aren’t great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Poland has also had rain ...

I know,but aren't there any available,Friday's,Saturday's and Sunday's they can look at first.Thought they had less meetings than in the UK but we still manage to get them in on our two race nights we are allowed.

5 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Foxhall was always the return leg - it was Compost Corner in the morning.

I can remember a couple in the late nineties/early noughties where Foxhole in the afternoon and Lynn on the evening. 1999 & 2000 certainly.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I know,but aren't there any available,Friday's,Saturday's and Sunday's they can look at first.Thought they had less meetings than in the UK but we still manage to get them in on our two race nights we are allowed.

They do run less meetings and I'm sure Thursdays are not as successful attemance wise than weekends for the Poles, i think the way their fixtures work mean they rearrange meetings rapidly on the next available slot and that means a Thursday then so be it

They don't rearrange dates for months down the line, they dont rearrange cup finals from the season before when teams are then riding in different leagues and have different riders also

Not much the UK can do now but just roll with it knowing its minimal fixtures, the poles ideally will want to run their meetings on their normal race nights

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah I did see that RJ. But surely there has to be an option out there to get someone in as a 28 day replacement that would pay higher dividends than the three points R/R has been achieving? I get that they really like Riss and they’re giving him every opportunity, but as we can’t have a guest for him, a short term 28 day replacement helps us in the short term whilst also keeping Riss’ place for him when he’s fit and ready to return. 

Perhaps the options aren’t great.

I have a hunch that 28-day replacement (or longer), could well be Troy Batchelor.

27 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I have a hunch that 28-day replacement (or longer), could well be Troy Batchelor.

I personally hope so, but for it to be him I think it would have to be a contract til the end of the season. Really don’t think he’d be interested in setting up here just for a month. 

Forecast is getting worse..... 

We're heading off in a while for a drive, I don't fancy our chances 

13 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Forecast is getting worse..... 

We're heading off in a while for a drive, I don't fancy our chances 

Pity it's not at King's Lynn today, as it's lovely and sunny at the moment, so hope you don't have a wasted journey.