British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Wolverhamption THURSDAY MAY 4, 2023 @ 7.30pm PREMIERSHIP R1

2 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

Speedway Updates are reporting that Leicester's 'significant announcement' is Max Perry has signed as an asset.

Another young asset signed to be used and then thrown onto the scrap heap because he's good... but just not quite good enough

14 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Surely it's up to the ref to get meetings over quickly if there's a threat of rain? I've been home from each of the three Lion's home meetings by round about 21.30. I stayed until the end and then walked to my car, which was not on the track car park. I live 4 miles from the track so the meetings must have finished not long after 21.00 which I should think compares favourably with other tracks.

That's 15 heats rammed into around 90 minutes

Epic levels of trolling by the Leicester management to get everyone excited for a significant announcement only to then announce a rider who's never going to ride for Leicester in the top league.

Edited by TTT
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TTT said:

Epic levels of trolling by the Leicester management get everyone excited for a significant announcement only to then announce a rider who's never going to ride for Leicester in the top league.

I thought he was already an asset anyway tbh. What does being a club asset get you these days anyway? You may be able to eek a loan fee out of him if he continues to ride in this country, that's about it. 

Edited by iainb

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Another young asset signed to be used and then thrown onto the scrap heap because he's good... but just not quite good enough

It's worth taking a punt in case he is good enough! Someone's got to encourage young lads!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

It's worth taking a punt in case he is good enough! Someone's got to encourage young lads!

Totally agree... but meh. Where are our other club assets these days? Genuine question! :)

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

I thought he was already an asset anyway tbh. What does being a club asset get you these days anyway? You may be able to eek a loan fee out of him if he continues to ride in this country, that's about it. 

Can't be an asset until he's 16. 

And he turned 16 last week

• Thanks 1

Max Fricke finally showing what he's made of with good team riding and some good passing movements, especially heat 15 on Masters. Sedgman really is the ace in the pack so far though, he's on fire at the moment and looks like he'll have a go at anybody. More dirt on the track didn't equal better racing though, I do miss the bumpy track, at least it was exciting. Unusually poor scores from Schlein and Douglas cost Wolves in the end, it was pretty nip and tuck until the latter stages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Max Fricke finally showing what he's made of with good team riding and some good passing movements, especially heat 15 on Masters. Sedgman really is the ace in the pack so far though, he's on fire at the moment and looks like he'll have a go at anybody. More dirt on the track didn't equal better racing though, I do miss the bumpy track, at least it was exciting. Unusually poor scores from Schlein and Douglas cost Wolves in the end, it was pretty nip and tuck until the latter stages.

This is what happens when your No.1 does his job. I’ve been quite critical of Max, but hats off to him tonight, he really seemed up for it. Onwards and upwards.

Loving watching Sedgmen at the moment, goodness knows what he has to do get an outing in heat 15!

• Like 1

Overall it was an ok meeting, passing was limited and even then that was due to riders getting bends 3 & 4 wrong. Saying that heat 13 was brilliant, hard but fair racing and that’s the way it should be. 
like I said it was a fair bit of gate and go and I’ve seen much better racing up at Leicester so it may be just a one off but with riders such as Bomber and Lawson in your team I personally felt that the track didn’t do them any favours in being able to do what they do. Saying that Bomber did make a few good starts though and always good to see Nicholls do well, shame Rory had an off night as always a soft spot for our ex Bees. 

Yes yes yes!  A win is what we needed. Just shows if your number 1 can ride well then you've always got a chance! Well done to the riders it was much better this time out. I'm going home happy tonight seeing us win.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, iainb said:

That's 15 heats rammed into around 90 minutes

Rammed?, That equates to 10 races in an Hour, lets be honest that's less than 1 race every 5 minutes which is what Speedway should always aim to be, there is nothing worse than standing around on a freezing cold night waiting for races to come round, well done Leicester.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Coventry_Bee said:

Overall it was an ok meeting, passing was limited and even then that was due to riders getting bends 3 & 4 wrong. Saying that heat 13 was brilliant, hard but fair racing and that’s the way it should be. 
like I said it was a fair bit of gate and go and I’ve seen much better racing up at Leicester so it may be just a one off but with riders such as Bomber and Lawson in your team I personally felt that the track didn’t do them any favours in being able to do what they do. Saying that Bomber did make a few good starts though and always good to see Nicholls do well, shame Rory had an off night as always a soft spot for our ex Bees. 

Z.Cook was poor ...Even the R.S beat him ..Needs to do better..

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Z.Cook was poor ...Even the R.S beat him ..Needs to do better..

He always found Leicester tough even in the Championship. 

Edit - he got 0 and 5+1 for us there last season. 

Edited by lisa-colette

35 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He always found Leicester tough even in the Championship. 

Edit - he got 0 and 5+1 for us there last season. 

Should be able to beat the R.S though....