British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DazS

belle vue v wolves off

Bugger travelled down from Cumbria had a cheap £40 city centre premier Inn, looks like more beer tonight 

• Like 1

Any weather update available? B)

It rained for most of the morning (not heavy, but constant light rain). It stopped about 1-00. If the meeting had been scheduled for tonight, it might have had a chance, but not for a lunchtime meeting.

• Like 1

As I returned to Cumbria was still raining at 11.30 rain all the way home, some heavy, but good news for me was less daytrippers on the road

Like p boro another premature call off based on a “ forecast” . Think the BSPA ought to agree a policy on early call offs … not allowing call offs more tha 12 hours before meeting …. Or else they will never get the fixtures completed.

37 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Like p boro another premature call off based on a “ forecast” . Think the BSPA ought to agree a policy on early call offs … not allowing call offs more tha 12 hours before meeting …. Or else they will never get the fixtures completed.

Today was never going to be on. 

today proved the decision was the correct one 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Phil the Ace - OK they got lucky….. the “forecast” was correct!  It’s not always the case when you call off the day before, and that is my point. 

I have been somewhat sceptical of the pre emptive call offs, however I think they have all turned out to be the correct call, and if it saved Peterborough having to pay rent for the EoES then I can clearly see why they took that decision.

Weather forecasting despite the 'mick taking' does seem pretty accurate these days

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Phil the Ace - OK they got lucky….. the “forecast” was correct!  It’s not always the case when you call off the day before, and that is my point. 

Got lucky!  The forecast was correct,get real!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1