British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RideHard

Sheffield v Wolves (prem)

Nice to see the management bringing this fixture forward it feels like ages since we had a meeting!

Sheffield should be back at full strength Musielak is back and rode well in Poland expect him at number 5 carrying on where he left off, Holder is also flying in Poland so hope he brings it back, Ellis needs a score as does Bellego after a couple of poor away meetings. 

Masters can be great round Owlerton, as can Douglas. Who will Wolves get in as a guest?

prediction 52-38 home win 

Only Belle Vue not scheduled to race this Thursday so limited choice of guest, especially with Becker's average reduction. 

If they go with r/r, does the average reduction still come in to effect, as this would affect who is eligible to take his rides?

I don't think any of the BV team fit now Lidsey's average has gone up.

Championship rider or r/r

8 minutes ago, noaksey said:

I don't think any of the BV team fit now Lidsey's average has gone up.

Championship rider or r/r

R/R not available see 12.4

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Only Belle Vue not scheduled to race this Thursday so limited choice of guest, especially with Becker's average reduction. 

If they go with r/r, does the average reduction still come in to effect, as this would affect who is eligible to take his rides?

They can still use S.Nicholls..5.28 Ave ...5.33 max

Last season Wolves came and provided a last heat decider - it was a great meeting - I reckon a little more comfortable - hope to be there as well! 

Steve Worrall has withdrawn from tonight’s Poole meeting with illness. Might be a doubt for Wolves tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Steve Worrall has withdrawn from tonight’s Poole meeting with illness. Might be a doubt for Wolves tomorrow.

I assume because it's a challenge match 10.5(h) doesn't apply. [That's the automatic 7 day ban following a meeting missed through illness.]

On 5/9/2023 at 10:46 AM, RideHard said:

Nice to see the management bringing this fixture forward it feels like ages since we had a meeting!

Sheffield should be back at full strength Musielak is back and rode well in Poland expect him at number 5 carrying on where he left off, Holder is also flying in Poland so hope he brings it back, Ellis needs a score as does Bellego after a couple of poor away meetings. 

Masters can be great round Owlerton, as can Douglas. Who will Wolves get in as a guest?

prediction 52-38 home win 

The weather might beat this one.

Edited by Moranboys

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

I assume because it's a challenge match 10.5(h) doesn't apply. [That's the automatic 7 day ban following a meeting missed through illness.]

If the meeting is sanctioned and held under the licence issued by the governing body then surely the rules should apply regardless......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Also he might still be ill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If the meeting is sanctioned and held under the licence issued by the governing body then surely the rules should apply regardless......

Don’t forget it’s Poole.  I’m sure mr vatcher will apply the rules correctly.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Racin Jason 72 said:

Don’t forget it’s Poole.  I’m sure mr vatcher will apply the rules correctly.  

Well we will soon find out as we are at Plymouth on Friday. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Well we will soon find out as we are at Plymouth on Friday. 

And wolves are at Sheffield on Thursday.  Be interesting