British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PotteringAround

Oxford v Leicester - Weds 10 May

The weather that's travelling Oxford's way from where I am is rain of Biblical proportions :sad:

Dan Thompson was pretty hot around Oxford last year, but Joe Thompson was a bit hit and miss. Guess Ryan Kinsley is the wildcard with how he performs. If he can get close to repeating Stoneman's form at this level, then Oxford should win I think. If he struggles, can see Leicester sneaking it. Either way, should be a cracking meeting if the weather stays clear.

Anyone near to the stadium with a weather update. I'm over near Cheltenham and the amount of rain we've had here would definitely make any track unrideable

23 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Anyone near to the stadium with a weather update. I'm over near Cheltenham and the amount of rain we've had here would definitely make any track unrideable

I'm not near the track, but looking at the weather radar that bank of rain should mainly clear Oxford to the north. It looks pretty clear over the track from 6pm onwards..... not that you can ever put your faith in that.

There was talk pre-season of the Twins being too good for the NDL etc, but tonight has proved that's not the case. If Dan had gotten a Champ side he may have dropped the NL, but it makes sense to stay as he only has Prem racing.

Killeen the trump card at reserve, but his gating needs to be better moving forward

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

There was talk pre-season of the Twins being too good for the NDL etc, but tonight has proved that's not the case. If Dan had gotten a Champ side he may have dropped the NL, but it makes sense to stay as he only has Prem racing.

He's said he feels rusty cause he's not having consistent meetings. He wants a championship move

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

He's said he feels rusty cause he's not having consistent meetings. He wants a championship move

But he's ridden far more than most of the riders competing last night. By my reckoning 9 of the 14 were on their first or second meeting of the season.

15 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Very rare off night for both of the twins.

Dan looked like he struggled with the track conditions early on, but he got more comfortable as the meeting progressed. He was just well beaten by Jenkins a couple of times, which is no real surprise around Oxford. They're arguably the two best riders in the league.

Was very impressed with Ryan Kinsley. He had to battle hard for his points, but to get a paid 11 from 4 rides on his debut bodes well for the future. Oxford definitely look strong with four 'heat leaders' in their team...and I'm sure Jody Scott will also get stronger.

• Like 1

As its NDL i think a rule change might be good, Max Perry got excluded, but from my viewpoint i would've said 1st bend bunching. Perhaps give the referee the option of putting the rider off of a 15-20m handicap instead of an exclusion, no replacement option. It would give the riders a little more tracktime and in testing conditions like wednesday it could only be good for their development.

3 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

As its NDL i think a rule change might be good, Max Perry got excluded, but from my viewpoint i would've said 1st bend bunching. Perhaps give the referee the option of putting the rider off of a 15-20m handicap instead of an exclusion, no replacement option. It would give the riders a little more tracktime and in testing conditions like wednesday it could only be good for their development.

It's still a league he got excluded he's out, that rules fine imo.