British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

12.05.2023 - Scunny v Glasgow BSN Series SF L1

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Listen I am not having a go at you but I don’t get were you are coming from but hey ho it’s all about opinions.

Hey it’s Iain B after all 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, iainb said:

I just think if you enter a competition and you qualify for a final you owe it to your fans to compete in that final and that goes for Leicester and Poole too. If you are not punished for not competing in that final that set l sets a dangerous precedent. 

Yet Glasgow fans couldn't care less and it's you got knickers in a twist about it. Work that out

• Like 1

Just now, Jaizer said:

Yet Glasgow fans couldn't care less and it's you got knickers in a twist about it. Work that out

If you don't mind being mugged off by your promotion... so be it :)

Just now, iainb said:

If you don't mind being mugged off by your promotion... so be it :)

Lol you'll be ones getting mugged off when/ if the final happens 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Lol you'll be ones getting mugged off when/ if the final happens 

I accept I've already been mugged off, rightly or wrongly (probably wrongly now) they're still trying to finish this competition off, when it should have been finished last year, but you guys pulled out not on the 9th of September but on the 20th of October using an excuse right up there with Buster's gate or Bill Barker's dog when it became apparent that the competition was not going to be completed. 

Anyway, back to the meeting. I don't think doom and gloom for scunny. Clegg do ok once at reserve and not like either were tailed off. I guess there's a reason Allen and mpt on 6.5 averages though, consistently inconsistent 

I fail to believe that there wasn’t a single rider under 4 who would of done a better job than Clegg/Ablitt, as Joe Thompson would outscore the pair of them on his own every meeting anyways. Shocking call from Godfrey and has ruined a decent looking team. Just seen heat 3 on Basso’s instagram, who was fighting in the pits afterwards? Cant imagine Clegg being a fighter.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Anyway, back to the meeting. I don't think doom and gloom for scunny. Clegg do ok once at reserve and not like either were tailed off. I guess there's a reason Allen and mpt on 6.5 averages though, consistently inconsistent 

Both Allen and Toft were useless, Allen’s score was boosted with his team mate Max Clegg falling and he just managed to beat young Pjiper, should have kept Joe Thompson and used Ryan Kinsley again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iainb said:

I just think if you enter a competition and you qualify for a final you owe it to your fans to compete in that final and that goes for Leicester and Poole too. If you are not punished for not competing in that final that sets a dangerous precedent. 

This is utter deflection from a very good Glasgow performance and TBH the team barring injury is the best in the league 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snapper said:

You are right we should have been punished by the way who won that trophy

Poole are going to win it by default at this rate! lol

1 minute ago, alta said:

This is utter deflection from a very good Glasgow performance and TBH the team barring injury is the best in the league 

Debatable. Don't think anyone is standing out atm. Maybe winning at a SW team by 12 points is a good benchmark :t::D

Congrats to Glasgow Tigers, strength in depth from their 1to 5 was superior to ours. Apart from Ryan, Lambo and Connor it was a poor show from our team. MPT and Jake Allen are blowing hot and cold and look underpowered and relying on trying to blast around the outside and going backwards as a result. The newbies actually looked better than their points tally. I don't think for a minute we will be tracking the same 1 to 7 in a months time, if we have any ambition left.

• Like 1

Having been there tonight a scunthorpe side outwith the very impressive Ryan Douglas not good enough to beat a  Glasgow side with young Ace improving week on week . Scorpions don't lose at home I was told before hand.

2 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Great racing, great racetrack, solid away win. Vissing very lucky in heat 3.

It was exactly same move bomber pulled on dougy and Tom on mountain. Difference being they didn't turn in to the contact. I've seen them go other way but for me Claus was ahead so probably 70/30 correct decision imo

• Like 1