British Speedway Forum

The front cover is to try and attract the attention of the younger generation, something we desperately need to keep the sport going. Jeff Davies who does the covers is one of the best photographers around and loves the natural image but has done a great job with moving with the times in this instance I think. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/29/2023 at 9:26 AM, The Dog said:

The front cover is to try and attract the attention of the younger generation, something we desperately need to keep the sport going. Jeff Davies who does the covers is one of the best photographers around and loves the natural image but has done a great job with moving with the times in this instance I think. 

I liked it when it was in black and white...

And had Bjorn Knuttson on the front....

;):D

An excellent publication that does much to make the UK version of Speedway look professional..

Back to Royal Mail this week and no star delivered today. Not surprised really

On 7/1/2023 at 9:24 AM, mikebv said:

I liked it when it was in black and white...

And had Bjorn Knuttson on the front....

;):D

An excellent publication that does much to make the UK version of Speedway look professional..

I preferred Knutson, Fundin and Briggs on front.:D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

I preferred Knutson, Fundin and Briggs on front.:D

Too true... it went downhill further when the buggers introduced colour on the front in the 70's, but at least it was Ronnie Moore!!! He-he :D. I actually think this weeks cover with Ace Piper on is excellent, keep the good work up you Speedy Star folks :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruno said:

In Scotland,never really had a problem with Royal Mail apart from BankHolidays

Thought last week's speedway star a very good read. Let's have more of the same

• Like 1

Nice surprise when the Royal Mail delivered the Star on Thursday last week....too good to be true? You bet it was just got home no sign of a Star.....Norwich is bloody awful for deliveries these days seem to come twice a week if we are lucky! Fingers crossed for tomorrow...not sure. what to do if it becomes a long term problem

21 hours ago, DEEG said:

Nice surprise when the Royal Mail delivered the Star on Thursday last week....too good to be true? You bet it was just got home no sign of a Star.....Norwich is bloody awful for deliveries these days seem to come twice a week if we are lucky! Fingers crossed for tomorrow...not sure. what to do if it becomes a long term problem

Second week back with the Royal Mail, Friday afternoon, too late for today's postman & still no sign of the Star. Not impressed. 

On 7/13/2023 at 3:20 PM, bruno said:

After having my star come on time pretty much every Thursday by their alternative deliverer the second week back to Royal Mail it was late arriving.

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

After having my star come on time pretty much every Thursday by their alternative deliverer the second week back to Royal Mail it was late arriving.

Mine came today again, 2 weeks running late with Royal Mail. Barely had a problem with Newsteam

After reading through the posts on here, I wondered why I stayed away so long.

My Star was late last week but on time this. In other news: I am still disappointed why it ditched the Angus Kix glamour league. 

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2023 at 4:27 PM, bigcatdiary said:

Same here.    Via Newsteam it used to arrive about 4am every Thursday.

By Royal Mail, last week's Star arrived this Tuesday (5 days late),  This week's hasn't arrived yet.

Edited by PotteringAround

i wouldn't mind but most of what you are reading is a week old.:shock:

On 7/22/2023 at 6:34 PM, PotteringAround said:

Same here.    Via Newsteam it used to arrive about 4am every Thursday.

By Royal Mail, last week's Star arrived this Tuesday (5 days late),  This week's hasn't arrived yet.

Is anyone having any success with getting the Star via Royal Mail?

Again I received last week's  5 days late.  It turned up this Tuesday.

So far today's hasn't arrrived.  Presume it will come next Tueday.