British Speedway Forum
tocha

Wolves v Sheffield Monday 15th May.

6 hours ago, Chris said:

Holder riding in Poland on a designated race night for Britain?

Haha 

Good old Godfrey. What an idiot the bloke is

It has got nothing to do with Godfrey. This is why Phil Morris got the job to over see Premiership meetings.

6 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

So much for fixed race nights, a joke 

Yes. Supposed to have Thursday as alternative race night for cancelled meetings.

5 hours ago, tocha said:

In this instance Poland probably do have priority and this is why. Lublin v Krosno (Jack's club) was scheduled originally for 21st April but postponed and re-set for tonight. However, at that time Wolves were to be hosting round 1 of the Pairs so, had this gone again ahead, we would have retained priority. But as Wolves v Sheffield is a fixture change arranged after the Polish match had been re-scheduled, they get first call on his services.

Two wrongs( postponed/fixture change meetings) do not make it right especially after a free weekend of Polish Ekstraliga fixtures  on a GP weekend where they have, in the past, raced league meetings on the Sunday.(End of April for example.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

RR for Howarth swings match back into wolves favour.

Why isn't Howarth riding? 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Injured during his last Championship match apparently.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Aggravated an injury riding at Plymouth over weekend seemingly.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Aggravated an injury riding at Plymouth over weekend seemingly.

Strange. He took 5 rides including heat 15 on Friday.

3 hours ago, RideHard said:

Holder in top form whether he rides Monmore well or not he will be missed. Happy with Morris though. 
think it will be close but Wolves to edge it 48-42

Howarth out tonight.....R..R.....makes it easier for Wolves...

19 minutes ago, screm said:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/premiership/holder-absence-explained/

Statement from Phil Morris. If you put it through translate it comes back as Morris saying, if you think I am about to defy my Polish masters you can think again. I will do what they say, even after the seventh, eighth, or ninth one off.

Put the onus on the riders and will you  come up with the same result,they will drop GB in a flash over Poland.We’ve let’s all this happen over the years.

Edited by Fromafar

57 minutes ago, screm said:

Injured during his last Championship match apparently.

That would have been Plymouth Vs Poole, which I watched. He didn't fall but might have collided with the fence as I think he was trying to put the brakes on before he hit someone in front! Would have been worse if he fell as I remember everyone being close together. 

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That would have been Plymouth Vs Poole, which I watched. He didn't fall but might have collided with the fence as I think he was trying to put the brakes on before he hit someone in front! Would have been worse if he fell as I remember everyone being close together. 

Doesnt njoy riding at M.G ....was booked at the Olympic at wolves last year didnt ride said he was injured ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

It has got nothing to do with Godfrey. This is why Phil Morris got the job to over see Premiership meetings.

Yes. Supposed to have Thursday as alternative race night for cancelled meetings.

Two wrongs( postponed/fixture change meetings) do not make it right especially after a free weekend of Polish Ekstraliga fixtures  on a GP weekend where they have, in the past, raced league meetings on the Sunday.(End of April for example.)

It's been so long since any of "our" riders put in a shift for the Tigers, I'm surprised any of them remember their commitment to the yellow and blue. Even when the poles allow them to ride in the UK, they're all carrying injuries incurred elsewhere. The last time Musie rode for Tigers was April 6th, and by the time we fans get to see any of them again at home, it will be at least seven weeks since their previous outing at Owlerton. Building any sort of team camaraderie must be difficult for promoters.

Maybe Howarth just fancies watching the Leicester v Liverpool game.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Named in Plymouths team tomorrow night