British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Redcar BSN SF 1st leg 17th May

22 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Bombers average too high to guest for Riss?

Yes! 

Riss 8.24 and Bomber 8.76.

Even if you still get the 5% for being at home in 2nd leg they only have up to 8.65.

This is presuming I am looking at the right averages sheet. lol. I just looked at the one for start of season as no one's average has changed yet?

Edited by lisa-colette

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes! 

Riss 8.24 and Bomber 8.76.

Even if you still get the 5% for being at home in 2nd leg they only have up to 8.65.

This is presuming I am looking at the right averages sheet. lol. I just looked at the one for start of season as no one's average has changed yet?

Yeah don't think bsn or KO cup count to averages. 

He'll be hoping to finish behind Marcin first few league matches get that average down. Wages must be halved this season losing all these guest bookings 

• Haha 2

https://poole-speedway.com/fixtures-results/view/20230517-Poole-Pirates-v-Redcar-Bears

It says 'hoping to...' so I wouldn't say it is 100%. Rory Schlein seems best option if they end up needing a guest.

Edit - and if they did use Rory, that would be 3 riders in their team from our 2021 double champions season! 

Edited by lisa-colette

Great to see Magnus Zetterstrom will be in attendance on Wednesday!:D

• Like 3

On 5/15/2023 at 6:36 PM, Skidder1 said:

Great to see Magnus Zetterstrom will be in attendance on Wednesday!:D

Yes, maybe someone should re-enact his celebration moves! :D:party:

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, maybe someone should re-enact his celebration moves! :D:party:

I have done that but not in public!!

Zorro was my favourite rider , my daughter has had many photos with him, such a nice guy and those celebration moves are legendary .

R/R swing it massively in Poole's favour imo, both versions! Be hoping danyon hits his Poole form and will have 3 form riders to take the rides

• Like 2

On 5/15/2023 at 1:17 PM, Yearbyred said:

Comfortable home win - if the Bears can keep it within 10 it would be respectable. Expect Danny and Charles to score the majority of the points and Poole second strings and reserves to out score their opposite numbers.

Would have purchased the stream but there is a reasonably important football game going on and I suspect a few Bears fans will be more focused on that.

Make that 16 now with R/R in operation.

Lawson showing his true colours by riding for the opposition ;)

25 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I have done that but not in public!!

Zorro was my favourite rider , my daughter has had many photos with him, such a nice guy and those celebration moves are legendary .

:D Zorro is a nice guy. If you have a convo with him, he will speak to you like he's your bff. Craig Watson was the same as well :)

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

R/R swing it massively in Poole's favour imo, both versions! Be hoping danyon hits his Poole form and will have 3 form riders to take the rides

Wonder who the guest is on Saturday. And why is it a secret?

Unlike Plymouth last night, Redcar don't have a lot of guest options available for today. Puts a lot of pressure on to Bailey and Edwards imo. One of them needs to get 7+

Edit - scratch that. They pretty much had no guest options as Rory guesting for Edinburgh! Anyone else would have been quite far below Riss ave so maybe thought r/r better option.

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

:D Zorro is a nice guy. If you have a convo with him, he will speak to you like he's your bff. Craig Watson was the same as well :)

Wonder who the guest is on Saturday. And why is it a secret?

Unlike Plymouth last night, Redcar don't have a lot of guest options available for today. Puts a lot of pressure on to Bailey and Edwards imo. One of them needs to get 7+

Edit - scratch that. They pretty much had no guest options as Rory guesting for Edinburgh! Anyone else would have been quite far below Riss ave so maybe thought r/r better option.

On the plus side for Redcar most if not all their riders go well at Poole although Danyon hasn't been in the best of form lately and they have a weakness at reserve with Mulford , I would imagine Edwards will be very busy.

Hope Eric can get his health issues cleared up he is a class act.Wish him  a speedy recovery.Weaken Bears without him IMO.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Hope Eric can get his health issues cleared up he is a class act.Wish him  a speedy recovery.Weaken Bears without him IMO.

Yes I would agree there especially going with r/r whereas r/r for Poole some would view as a bonus as both Cooks can be used. Hopefully we can rack up a decent score to defend on Saturday.

• Like 1

Poole 55 - 35 and that is being kind to the bears. Without riss or a decent guest this cup tie is all but over before it starts.....sorry to put a downer on it fellow bears fans !!

We will not make up 20 points on Saturday not a cat in hells chance !!

Charles and Danny will have to go virtually unbeaten at Poole to stand any chance. Jason quite capable of scoring seven points but doubt whether hume, Bailey and mulford will score seven between them....massive shame to get this far and hand to tie to Poole on a plate !!!

Would love to be proved wrong but can't see anything other than a big home win tonight !

Utb anyway !!