British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

Belle Vue vs Wolves (KOC) 18/5/23

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Wright is a clown. Could’ve got himself and cook hurt there. Bordering on dangerous the way he rides at times almost desperation. 

Always been a headcase gives it out but carnt take it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Hearing the crowd for this is appalling.

BV will lose thousands tonight.

Maybe but not as appalling as your Peterborough team, you guest tonight has more race wins than your entire team have managed all season!

What on earth happened to Wolves' 1, 3 & 5 tonight.

Anyone would think they were riding for Peterborough with the amount of points they put up.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Nothing against Paco, but there must have been better options, just a quick look at his own club, Craig Cook or Kye Thomson would've been better! 

I though Paco was better than half of Wolverhampton's team combined tbh.

Was always mixing it even when he was at the back

there was some good races, cook impressed me, good battles with wright and cook and sedgman and Paco. and lidsey was very impressive tonight. the crowd was poor.

Edited by DazS
added extra

43 minutes ago, TTT said:

What on earth happened to Wolves' 1, 3 & 5 tonight.

Anyone would think they were riding for Peterborough with the amount of points they put up.

Masters unwell, tight guest restriction for Becker, Schlein perhaps a year past his peak away from Monmore. Plus, while no-one 'tanks' a ride (they all want to earn!), sub-consciously the knowledge of a fairly overwhelming first-leg lead may have had an impact. And Belle Vue are perfectly capable of giving anyone a whopping at home.

15 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

It’s gorton mate. If you want salmonella then there is loads of places lol. 

close by though you have the windmill pub which is like 5 mins away. Or the stable gate which is located in Denton roundabout about 8 mins away. 

Thanks for that went to the windmill cracking carvery. Went large was still under a tenner and loads of meat and veg cooked spot on

• Like 1

As a contest on aggregate scores it was over once Blodorn was missing, Aces might have made is a contest with just Brennan missing.

I like Castagna from watching him at Perry Barr but I never thought I'd be shouting him on in the red, black & white of Belle Vue.

Would be nice if Lidsey & Bewley weren't so good at gating.

Masters was poor tonight.

Most of the decent racing involved Wright.

2 hours ago, TTT said:

I though Paco was better than half of Wolverhampton's team combined tbh.

Was always mixing it even when he was at the back

It looks like Paco rode well, still surprised they picked a 5 point rider over 6.5 & 8.5 point riders though!

6 hours ago, DazS said:

there was some good races, cook impressed me, good battles with wright and cook and sedgman and Paco. and lidsey was very impressive tonight. the crowd was poor.

Having only 10, out of the 14 riders who should have been there riding, was never going to stimulate much interest.. 

Add in the score from the first leg and an off night for BV and the crowd was always going to be lower than usual..

Bottom line is of course that if the Promoter's themselves dont see their competition's relevant enough to have their own riders there, then the fans understandably can feel the same, and be "elsewhere" too...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bruno said:

Thanks for that went to the windmill cracking carvery. Went large was still under a tenner and loads of meat and veg cooked spot on

Very good choice. And yes the carvery is one of the best in Manchester 

13 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Wright is a clown. Could’ve got himself and cook hurt there. Bordering on dangerous the way he rides at times almost desperation. 

Maybe more about the Redcar v Poole 2nd leg ko cuptie on Saturday!!!!?

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe more about the Redcar v Poole 2nd leg ko cuptie on Saturday!!!!?

That's quite an accusation.

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Very good choice. And yes the carvery is one of the best in Manchester 

Always on the lookout for good restaurants, sounds like the windmill would be good choice when I am up for the Aces so can you confirm the address please.8