British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v WORKINGTON (NDL) 7pm SATURDAY 20th

3 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Good win for the Comets.:)

Agree and the metors win as well :D a good band of travelling fans making a bit noise, part 2 at the northside 2morrow

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Has a team ever had both reserves scoring 0 in a meeting before?

I'm sure there's been matches when both reserves were injured in heat 2

• Thanks 1

Think tonight's win for the comets is the 1st time the bullets have been beaten at home !!  UTC:D

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm sure there's been matches when both reserves were injured in heat 2

Berwick vs Rye House, August 2012. 
In heat 2, both Robert Ksiezak and Rob Branford crashed in heat 2 for the Bandits. Kziezak took no further part in the meeting, Branford managed to race in the rerun, but withdrew after. 
They were already using RR for Seb Alden, so basically rode the meeting with four riders. They still won 50-39. 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BackstaightBandit said:

Really excited to see the Comets return and with my early bird purchase it’s the added value of 21 heats for £12, the Bandits promotion continues to get everything right. I suspect many more will flock through the gates within the next 20 minutes to enjoy some sunny speedway.

Surely you get in for free., just like the car park

The Comets are back ! What a win and what a comeback!

Good guest in Lee Complin who rode his socks off and was entertaining. Ace once again showed his great potential. Both Sam and Harry McGurk improved as the meeting progressed, Harry would have had another 2 points when his engine failed with the Comets on a 5-0. Elliot Kelly never lost his confidence even though be was involved in a couple of potentially scary incidents. Hope Crangy is okay he never took his last ride after coming down following taking evasive action to miss Elliot.

Hope Josh Embelton is okay, he walked back to the pits but it was a nasty crash into the polyfoam fence. Greg Blair was great for the Bullits and  had good support from Danny Philips. 

Good win for the Comets, historically it's never been easy to win at Shielfield.

35 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Good guest in Lee Complin who rode his socks off and was entertaining. Ace once again showed his great potential. Both Sam and Harry McGurk improved as the meeting progressed, Harry would have had another 2 points when his engine failed with the Comets on a 5-0. Elliot Kelly never lost his confidence even though be was involved in a couple of potentially scary incidents. Hope Crangy is okay he never took his last ride after coming down following taking evasive action to miss Elliot.

Hope Josh Embelton is okay, he walked back to the pits but it was a nasty crash into the polyfoam fence. Greg Blair was great for the Bullits and  had good support from Danny Philips. 

Good win for the Comets, historically it's never been easy to win at Shielfield.

Agree with your points made and hopefully all injured riders are ok. 

First time seeing the Bullets and would say they are missing Halder at reserve and Archie in the team (could they have named Kieran Douglas as number 8 or is his average to high to be a number 8)?

One thing I would add is why did Sam never get excluded at the starts?

He was moving in all his races and actually touched the tapes in two races. There was a camera behind me and to my right (wonder if facing onto the start line). Would be interesting if it was recording.

Referee was not at his best last night (giving wrong results, not giving extra time when riders had two on the spin etc, etc).

• Like 1

Yeah there was movement at the starts which went unpunished and Sam was definitely rolling on more than one occasion. Agree about the ref, heat 9 where the result was given then changed, then changed again to what was given originally made a right mess of my programme.

7 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

Agree with your points made and hopefully all injured riders are ok. 

First time seeing the Bullets and would say they are missing Halder at reserve and Archie in the team (could they have named Kieran Douglas as number 8 or is his average to high to be a number 8)?

One thing I would add is why did Sam never get excluded at the starts?

He was moving in all his races and actually touched the tapes in two races. There was a camera behind me and to my right (wonder if facing onto the start line). Would be interesting if it was recording.

Referee was not at his best last night (giving wrong results, not giving extra time when riders had two on the spin etc, etc).

Think no 8 has to be 3 point unattached but see Harrison no 8 today 3 point attached

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Binman said:

Think no 8 has to be 3 point unattached but see Harrison no 8 today 3 point attached

Thanks.

Kieran is just above 3 from last season so would have been unavailable even though he isn't in any NDL team (wondered if being lower than the 2 reserves would have counted).

25 minutes ago, Binman said:

The regulation does not mention attached or unattached. It refers to 'not in a declared team'.

=> Harrison is eligible as Dugard is currently in the named seven at his expense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The regulation does not mention attached or unattached. It refers to 'not in a declared team'.

=> Harrison is eligible as Dugard is currently in the named seven at his expense.

Thanks

On 5/20/2023 at 9:13 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Has a team ever had both reserves scoring 0 in a meeting before?

Actually happened very recently. Belle Vue vs Oxford when Killeen got injured in heat 1.

• Like 1