British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
flipper11

Kent Royals license revoked!

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Indeed, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to condemn him. Riders are self-employed after all.

Not condemning him at all but it seems bizarre to say the least, that a member of a committee that threatens closure of a track for running under another governing body, then takes part in a meeting at the same track, run under that governing body. 

4 hours ago, mc131 said:

I don't think there's a pairs or 4s either, surely 1 of the events could of been staged 

There's is at least one cup match as well.

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Not condemning him at all but it seems bizarre to say the least, that a member of a committee that threatens closure of a track for running under another governing body, then takes part in a meeting at the same track, run under that governing body. 

Aside from the fact that the cause the meeting was run for far eclipses any petty squabbling between two governing bodies i would be soundly staggered if said committee member was in favour of the ban and the fact that he received a warm reception from all would bare that out....certainly warmer than other members / co-ordinators might receive.......that reminds me when are the youth rounds held at Kent this year?  

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Aside from the fact that the cause the meeting was run for far eclipses any petty squabbling between two governing bodies i would be soundly staggered if said committee member was in favour of the ban and the fact that he received a warm reception from all would bare that out....certainly warmer than other members / co-ordinators might receive.......that reminds me when are the youth rounds held at Kent this year?  

Aug 6 - 250cc and 125cc support

Sept 10 - 500cc & 125cc.

Both after NDL matches.

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Agreed 

Maybe/hopefully discussions are happening behind the scenes to sort the whole sorry saga out.

Edited by Triple.H.
Submitted before I'd finished
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

There's is at least one cup match as well.

For some teams yes, i believe there are only 4 teams in the KO Cup.

I'm not sure what fans expect clubs to do about the lack of fixtures. A great many on here / fb etc comment that there are far too few fixtures & I'm sure if crowds turned up to watch challenges, fours, pairs & individuals in good numbers the clubs would put on these fixtures to fill the gaps in the fixture list?

The fact that clubs don't, suggest fans don't turn up (ignoring the die hards) in big enough numbers to make it viable?

So when someone says there's not enough fixtures, I wanna reply that's because you (the fans on the whole) don't turn up to them!

In the past they used to have a National Trophy for the stand-alone clubs (Kent, Mildenhall, Workington) that would've given these 3 clubs an extra 2 home matches. Not sure why that's not running? As an official fixture, would hopefully bring in more fans than challenge matches?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not sure what fans expect clubs to do about the lack of fixtures. A great many on here / fb etc comment that there are far too few fixtures & I'm sure if crowds turned up to watch challenges, fours, pairs & individuals in good numbers the clubs would put on these fixtures to fill the gaps in the fixture list?

The fact that clubs don't, suggest fans don't turn up (ignoring the die hards) in big enough numbers to make it viable?

So when someone says there's not enough fixtures, I wanna reply that's because you (the fans on the whole) don't turn up to them!

In the past they used to have a National Trophy for the stand-alone clubs (Kent, Mildenhall, Workington) that would've given these 3 clubs an extra 2 home matches. Not sure why that's not running? As an official fixture, would hopefully bring in more fans than challenge matches?

Sadly I often see people saying they don't like any meeting that is not part of the league. I have heard both KO Cup and National Trophy referred to as Micky Mouse meetings! Pairs, Fours, Individual and other meetings don't seem interest many fans for some reason which I have never understood. Even back in the 1960s I can remember half the crowd leaving after the league match and not wanting to watch the second half which normally had racing that was as good as the 13 heats of the league match. I don't understand the reasoning or have an answer as to how promotions can get a crowd for something that is a bit different. Maybe I should ask @barrybishop since IOW seem to have found a formula that works.

Edited by Chris116
Spelling
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Sadly I often see people saying they don't like any meeting that is not part of the league. I have heard both KO Cup and National Trophy referred to as Micky Mouse meetings! Pairs, Fours, Individual and other meetings don't seem interest many fans for some reason which I have never understood. Even back in the 1960s I can remember half the crowd leaving after the league match and not wanting to watch the second half which normally had racing that was as good as the 13 heats of the league match. I don't understand the reasoning or have an answer as to how promotions can get a crowd for something that is a bit different. Maybe I should ask @barrybishop since IOW seem to have found a formula that works.

I've never understood it myself, it's the same riders in league matches as in cup / challenge matches etc.

• Like 2

My thought has always been why would you want to go when you've paid for a second half and it's more heats whatever level, as you say can't fathom it out as it always seemed a bonus. Always watched the second halves at Eastbourne, saw in my time young Kennett, Bridger, Brennan etc being so excited when they got under 60 seconds. Also half emptied the car park and always got out quickly,  I did have a good hours drive to get home, so it wasn't as though I lived around the corner. 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 7:09 AM, Come on the Skipper said:

It was run under a Nora92 Motorsport Permit issued to Sittingbourne Speedway, as stated in the programme. It was a mixture of uprights, laydowns, 125/150cc youth and 250cc youth. and mainly amateur and unattached riders. The only rider I am aware of who is currently riding in a team was Rhys Naylor.

It was the first meeting of this type that I've attended.

Is that the same NORA92 that Barry bishops league runs under? If so is this not exactly why Kent have had their License suspended for running a Nora meeting?

• Like 1