British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Peterborough v Leicester 29/05/23

Are dogs still allowed in at Peterborough?

48 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I've seen a few there on previous visits

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elmo said:

I see one there last week.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iainb said:

Just what you want from your captain!

Have you ever followed speedway mate?...riders miss meetings every week for GP's and this is no different...send Bomber our way if you want and you can have Worral back..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Elmo said:

Trust me I've seen plenty....

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, iainb said:

Why so?

Pointless all for gp qualifier, hes nowhere near that standard anymore 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Pointless all for gp qualifier, hes nowhere near that standard anymore 

Have to agree 

12 hours ago, iainb said:

Great! Captain misses the meeting to chase his own deluded personal dream! Personally I'd strip him of the captaincy for that!

Or... was this a fixture change? If so why on earth did Leicester accept it knowing their captain would be missing?

Because they are away so their crowd won't be impacted?

And/Or, because the league doesn't really matter anyway so just have any septet there representing you..?

UK Speedway should be in the dictionary as the perfect definition of irony.. 

It only "doesn't really matter anyway" due to things like this being allowed to happen, which means that it then "doesn't really matter anyway"...:rolleyes:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Have you ever followed speedway mate?...riders miss meetings every week for GP's and this is no different...send Bomber our way if you want and you can have Worral back..

Yes I have... he supposed to be our Captain! Just makes a mockery of the position.

• Like 1

I like howarth but Stewart must be pulling his hair out knowing our captain and our best rider at Peterborough is out today. If we lose then Im going to be slightly disappointed with bomber. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iainb said:

Great! Captain misses the meeting to chase his own deluded personal dream! Personally I'd strip him of the captaincy for that!

Or... was this a fixture change? If so why on earth did Leicester accept it knowing their captain would be missing?

Really disappointed with him. He's in his 40's and we've just started to click so he decides to go to GP qualifier. Morris always should have been captain from the start. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Yes I have... he supposed to be our Captain! Just makes a mockery of the position.

Welcome to Lublin...

Bartek tonight is riding in an FIM meeting which was scheduled eons ago, but, instead of not arranging our meeting knowing he was missing,  we have instead got Tai "Woffy" Woffinden from Wroclaw riding for us...

Let's give Tai a big Lublin welcome...

Next week Bartek is off to Venice for a few days so Jason Doyle will be riding for us instead on that night...

• Like 1

This meeting was only arranged six days ago so you can hardly blame Harris for being elsewhere.

Whether he should be in the qualifier or not is up for debate but if he was asked/qualified then you can't blame him for accepting. Good for him that he's still ambitious in the twighlight of his career. I expect he has his eye on the SWC and why shouldn't he?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

This was a fixture change. Pboro was due to face Sheffield. But Sheffield had 3 riders missing due to gp qualifying, I’m guessing as they are both bates family clubs they arranged for Leicester to race instead 

So, that's what was meant when Leicester stated that Premiership is more suitable as a business model as their reason for changing leagues!

Panthers should win this. Hope Hans bows out with a good meeting at reserve 

Edited by Flappy