British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King’s Lynn v Sheffield 01/06/23

5 minutes ago, Technik said:

Laguta may well improve, but even then he will only get 3 points each time he wins. When the TEAM looses by a near 30 point margin at HOME there are bigger problems to solve.

The main thing that needs solving is the track surface and material used . KL has gone from a great race track to a gate and go track .we watched on tv last night and saw nothing that would make me want to return to the terraces .

• Like 3

Laguta will improve not an ex world champion for no reason. That said we know who is the most naturally gifted rider Emil by a mile becoming a track record holder at a track he had never seen before in his first ride

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RobboStars21 said:

I’m not one to criticise the boys but tonight was not acceptable from the riders tonight. As for the absolute ridiculous slaying of the management for signing the best rider British speedway has in a long time. Keyboard warrior idiots! Cluelessness is a big reason no big names want to come over. 

What  is the point of signing a great rider if it makes the team poorer overall. The bottom line is this mangerment have zero idea on how to put a decent side together.  No idea what has to do with keyboard warriors..The only clueless idiot is you.if can't see that .

1 hour ago, Haza said:

The main thing that needs solving is the track surface and material used . KL has gone from a great race track to a gate and go track .we watched on tv last night and saw nothing that would make me want to return to the terraces .

Which is never going to change while Buster fills the place with stock car fans once a month.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

I couldn't hear single one. Unfortunatlty, Kevin for the most part was giving them when their was bike noise, plus he tends to let his voice drop when he gets to the winning times.
But, he's had to step into Edwin's shoes, without doing this job on a regular basis, so hopefully will get better from that point of view, as time passes.    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iainb said:

I think the Stars need hauling back for a day of starting practice! I don't think I've ever seen such a poor performance from a home team out of the starts!

Not watched belle Vue then lol 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

The difference is you have a home track where you can get away with missing the start, we absolutely don't. 

The best meetings I've seen at Lynn in recent years are those where the track has hardly anything on it and is dry, not dissimilar to some Polish tracks. Anything more than a little bit of material and it's too grippy. Great for stocks but not for good speedway. 

• Like 2

I thought laguta had a decent debut. He was getting more confident as the meeting progressed, riding wider and wider and attacking the track. Unlucky in heat 15 as he lifted. If he didn’t he would have gone onto  another win. 
as Brady says he’s got to contend with tyres he’s not use to and track surface he’s not use to (clay). He will only improve. 

it’s easy to see where the problems lie. TJ, never going to improve from where he is now. MPT is not a heat leader, on his day yes but seems to be struggling this year, but your biGgest let down is jakobsen. He should be doing much better than he is. He’s an extra liga rider. Very capable of becoming a heat leader but he looks far of it. 

Buster needs a good talking to aswell. It’s clear lynn riders can’t gate so why make a track where you can’t pass (unless your holder)

The modern day bikes are more suited to slicker tracks,  and until lynn more away from clay based grippy tracks it will always be the same. 

• Like 5

Buster Chapman has ruined the tracks at both Lynn and Peterborough. 

They were arguable the two best race tracks in the country,  now probably the worst. 

Does he care? Does he hell !

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Which is never going to change while Buster fills the place with stock car fans once a month.

I agree you are correct- but it’s no good for speedway sadly 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Should make it more interesting next week then.

Well I watched it on BSN and it looked dreadful, I can only compare it to when we went to watch Peterborough there the other week and it didn’t look any better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, orion said:

What  is the point of signing a great rider if it makes the team poorer overall. The bottom line is this mangerment have zero idea on how to put a decent side together.  No idea what has to do with keyboard warriors..The only clueless idiot is you.if can't see that .

Don't think the signing makes the team poorer,Laguta is a class rider and Kye certainly done his bit,it was the remaining ones that let everyone down by putting in an even poorer display than they normally do.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Well I watched it on BSN and it looked dreadful, I can only compare it to when we went to watch Peterborough there the other week and it didn’t look any better.

I’d hoped it be similar last night  to when Emil rode for Coventry at KL and it was packed that night - guess BSN didn’t help attendance either be interesting to no the viewing figures from last night as well .