British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Mildenhall 03/06/23 3pm.

Workington go up against Mildenhall DJS Fen tigers on Saturday afternoon , the Tigers boast a strong top 3 of Complin , Bowtell and Trigger .

The Comets however are back to full strength with the return from injury of Luke Harrison and Luke Crang , hopefully Elliot Kelly is ok after last weeks injury diagnosis .While Kelsey Dugard has been released but has already found a new club at the Oxford chargers.

The weather is forecast to be sunny and hot so hopefully another bumper crowd will be in attendance.

Edited by topaz325

Biggest test to date for the Comets and the Fen Tigers too as the aggregate point from these two fixtures could be crucial. Both teams have a strong top 4/5 so will come down to fine margins i suspect. Will Harry McGurk or Josh Warren rediscover some form? Its likely to be a busy afternoon for the latter and the battle of the reserves could swing it. 

Going to be a big job to keep the track in good condition for racing with temperatures forecast to be around 20 degrees.

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Workington go up against Mildenhall DJS Fen tigers on Saturday afternoon , the Tigers boast a strong top 3 of Complin , Bowtell and Trigger .

The Comets however are back to full strength with the return from injury of Luke Harrison and Luke Chang , hopefully Elliot Kelly is ok after last weeks injury diagnosis .While Kelsey Dugard has been released but has already found a new club at the Oxford chargers.

The weather is forecast to be sunny and hot so hopefully another bumper crowd will be in attendance.

A new Chinese signing? LOL :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Biggest test to date for the Comets and the Fen Tigers too as the aggregate point from these two fixtures could be crucial. Both teams have a strong top 4/5 so will come down to fine margins i suspect. Will Harry McGurk or Josh Warren rediscover some form? Its likely to be a busy afternoon for the latter and the battle of the reserves could swing it. 

Don't think it will be that great a test.  Don't see many teams coming away from Northside with a close result.  Even if Harry McGurk rides and continues his poor run, I still see Workington topping 50 points quite easily.  Complin and Trigger will put up a fight though.

I'll go for 53-37  

32 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Don't think it will be that great a test.  Don't see many teams coming away from Northside with a close result.  Even if Harry McGurk rides and continues his poor run, I still see Workington topping 50 points quite easily.  Complin and Trigger will put up a fight though.

I'll go for 53-37  

Im not so sure. I think if it all clicks the Mildenhall side is a threat to anyone. Bowtell, Congreve and Butcher will relish the bigger spaces of the Northside track, in fact had Butcher still been at reserve it would be a very different tale. However an out of form Warren and a track that will terrify Richardson could make the difference. Still think Mildy will stop the Comets hitting 50 though.

• Like 1

Planning to drive over from York for this.

Any useful information for a first-time visitor?

Can you take in folding chairs? Are Comets doing a match programme to fill in? Is there plenty of on-site parking?

3 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

I'll go for 53-37  

Certainly will be  very hard to beat at Home .Elliot Kelly has been a big surprise to me 

2 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Planning to drive over from York for this.

Any useful information for a first-time visitor?

Can you take in folding chairs? Are Comets doing a match programme to fill in? Is there plenty of on-site parking?

Yes, yes and yes, you will be very welcome, track a little drive from the town centre but signs out on a few roundabouts to help with sat nav directions.

Catering on site , most of the locals are friendly (:unsure:) and willing to help in any way when you arrive .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Yes, yes and yes, you will be very welcome, track a little drive from the town centre but signs out on a few roundabouts to help with sat nav directions.

Catering on site , most of the locals are friendly (:unsure:) and willing to help in any way when you arrive .

Thank you. Looking forward to it. Having lived in Whitehaven for a little over five years, between 1986 and 1992, I know how friendly Cumbrians are. :-)

I still smile when I recall some of the Glasgow-in-exile meetings I watched at Derwent Park in 1987!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Thank you. Looking forward to it. Having lived in Whitehaven for a little over five years, between 1986 and 1992, I know how friendly Cumbrians are. :-)

I still smile when I recall some of the Glasgow-in-exile meetings I watched at Derwent Park in 1987!

Plz dont tell anybody u lived in "jameater" land :rofl:

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

I thought you'd say that. :-)

Don't the natives of both towns call each other 'Jameaters'? I seem to remember some people in Whitehaven referring to Workingtonians (?) as 'highsiders'. 

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

19 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

I'd thought you'd say that. :-)

Don't the natives of both towns call each other 'Jameaters'? I seem to remember some people in Whitehaven referring to Workingtonians (?) as 'highsiders'. 

True all goes back to the miners changing pits a newcomer was a jameater .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Nowt wrong with 'jameater' land Geoff marra....................I live in White-heaven and support Worky Town RL and the 'Comets'....

Mind I do get a few scornful looks when I don any of my Town shirts...great banter though.

3 hours ago, singy13 said:

Nowt wrong with 'jameater' land Geoff marra....................I live in White-heaven and support Worky Town RL and the 'Comets'....

Mind I do get a few scornful looks when I don any of my Town shirts...great banter though.

I watch haven now after what town did to the old track,as u say good crac try saying that about footy :neutral: