British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Plymouth Gladiators Vs Poole Pirates Championship 6/6 23

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The Poole 'masterchefs' whacking in their 2nd 5-1.:t:

Newmans ride from the back was pretty good too.

Outrageous refereeing tonight.  Especially heat 11, 12 and 14.   

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Outrageous refereeing tonight.  Especially heat 11, 12 and 14.   

Poole fans on here praising Plymouth and then you come on and do this …. Nothing changes when Poole aren’t doing great got to look for an excuse 

How about your number 1 not doing much and Lawson not much better … good job you got the Cooks who are carrying Poole at the moment 

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole fans on here praising Plymouth and then you come on and do this …. Nothing changes when Poole aren’t doing great got to look for an excuse 

How about your number 1 not doing much and Lawson not much better … good job you got the Cooks who are carrying Poole at the moment 

And Newman.

• Like 1

Justice finally served but hindered terribly by utter incompetence from the ref. One outrageous decision after another. 

The meeting itself was decent enough but with very little passing. Proved when Trigger popped out and had an easy four laps. though well done to the lad. Heat 11 and R Worrall got a monster roller. He was two bike lengths up in the first few metres and as the stadium waited for it to be called back, nothing. 

But heat 12 took the biscuit. Barker lifted out of the start out of control. He clipped Ben Cooks back wheel and went into the fence. Clearly was going to be excluded but no, ref called all four back. Barker was interviewed in the interval before the rerun and said he lifted and lost it. 

Then heat 14 with Poole on a 5-1 into the first bend, turner fell. Red light. All four back. Turner warned for moving at the start. Rerun. Turner fell again at the back, red light, all four back. Justice served with a Pirates 5-1 with Kyle passing Gilkes on lap 4. 

Pirates strength in depth showing through in the end but dont think Ben Cook and Barker withh be sending Christmas cards to each other!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

To be fair Lawson is carrying a injury 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

What do you mean not doing well, we just won away from home at Plymouth. Zach was on top form , overall a good team performance.i thought the ref let one or two starts go that could have been called back and Turner could of been excluded in heat 14 .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What do you mean not doing well, we just won away from home at Plymouth. Zach was on top form , overall a good team performance.i thought the ref let one or two starts go that could have been called back and Turner could have been excluded in heat 14 .

Poole were struggling tonight that much was clear 

I thought the Cooks would need to step up and they clearly have 

Zach much the better prospect after seeing them both at Ipswich this season 

Politics has 30p Lee. 

Speedway has Penny Shovlar 

Clowns 

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

They always pull out a result though,it doesn’t matter who scores the points on the night.That’s the reason they kept the Cooks.

• Like 2

Last 2 seasons Poole won everything with 3 strong heat leaders. This season it's strength in depth with every rider chipping in. 2 finals already. Championship to come!!:D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Surely you look how they do at all tracks and then decide. But silly to decide at just one track!

How do you be winning most of the meeting and 'be struggling' i don't get that. The Poole team is built for most of them to get 6+ a meeting. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The Poole 'masterchefs' whacking in their 2nd 5-1.:t:

Better than the 'cooking with gas' thing ;)

Just got back in Poole deserved winners in my eyes I can’t fault Plymouth’s efforts tonight but any team what has Newman at reserve and fair play Poole have a very good team deserve there success I’m not going to rant and rave about referees what’s the point. Poole are definitely the team for all to beat this season and apart from stating the obvious anyone who does deserve to win the league.I’m just glad after Tommorow we won’t have to meet you guys again this season.because I’d like one more home win before the end of the season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Better than the 'cooking with gas' thing ;)

To be fair I nicked it from Centregreen Nigel last week. We've been looking for a successor to the 'Turbo Twins'!

• Like 2