British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

09/06/23 Edinburgh v Glasgow (CH)

2 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Captain Baconheid ( Fredde Schott) wasn't too shabby round there 

Of course, fair Fredde as grievesy used to call him for all the racing room he left...

57 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Trying to think of a Dane who took to armadale quickly. Remember Nicki P demolishing the fence, Henning bager came round for a wave after running lasts, Peter juul was awful and Leon madsen took one look and refused to sign for Glasgow. I think jesper Olsen might've been decent. 

Rene Bach was pretty good at Armadale

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I'm glad to see that the Edinburgh management weren't afraid to make changes when the had to but i still feel sorry for Hooky and Kyle. If anyone was in line to be dropped it was Paco as he has been dreadful this year (except when he's competing to get into the GP's...) 

I doubt get the anti Paco comments as he is averaging more than last year?

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think it’s because he is capable of much more, especially around Armadale.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I never quite get the grief he gets. Last year was his first year away from Birmingham and in the main body of the side. This being his 2nd season you’d expect him to improve which he has with his average going up. 

Think it’s more frustration with him than anything as he’ll go out and beat the opposition number 1 one race and get beat by their reserve in their next. Lack of consistency his main issue. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

2022 all official fixtures ( exc guest and bonus points) 5.58

2023 so far (same basis) 5.29

So I query your statement, although I note that 5.29 does exceed his starting GSA.

• Like 1

I'd assume if took Paco's Birmingham meeting out the stats wouldn't look so rosy this year..and now he won't have heat 14 to win every week :shock:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'd assume if took Paco's Birmingham meeting out the stats wouldn't look so rosy this year..and now he won't have heat 14 to win every week :shock:

Just Heat 8.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Just Heat 8.

Always assumed track conditions suited him better at heat 14 that won't in heat 8? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Always assumed track conditions suited him better at heat 14 that won't in heat 8? 

Agree has to be slick for Paco

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Normski said:

rules.png

Aye it's the Premiership "rising star" I'm thinking about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I never quite get the grief he gets. Last year was his first year away from Birmingham and in the main body of the side. This being his 2nd season you’d expect him to improve which he has with his average going up. 

Think it’s more frustration with him than anything as he’ll go out and beat the opposition number 1 one race and get beat by their reserve in their next. Lack of consistency his main issue. 

He is quite an experienced rider though.

• Like 1

Slight change in the Glasgow order this week from calamity cammy with Brennan going to 3 and basso to 5. 

Edited by Mr Blobby

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Slight change in the Glasgow order this week from calamity cammy with Brennan going to 3 and basso to 5. 

Tom did get beaten in heats 13 and 15 in April, but I’m not sure this changes much to be honest. He’s been on great form at home this season, definitely seeing the improvement he needed to show.

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

7 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Tom did get beaten in heats 13 and 15 in April, but I’m not sure this changes much to be honest. He’s been on great form at home this season, definitely seeing the improvement he needed to show.

About time I'd say! Will definitely benefit them in away meetings imo.