British Speedway Forum
slyfox

Redcar V Berwick 9/6/23

8 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Milford getting better week by week 

Or is it just the opposition making him look good tonight? :sad:

35 minutes ago, screm said:

Berwick Bandits beaten badly.

We were badly beaten in the KO Cup match so not really a surprise.Hook done his job.

Whilst the Berwick fans will point to a poor performance from their side, it was an equally good performance from the Bears.

Didnt really look a weak link tonight - having Riss back a lift for the whole side. Good to see King back on form, and both Hume and Bailey rode hard for not as many points as they may have deserved. But hats off to Mulford tonight, best home performance by a mile and rode really well. Shows what at least getting to the first bend in the mix can do, but made some great passes and will surely take a whole load of confidence from tonight.

Knudsen had a strange night, looked excellent in his first two and then nowhere. Hook did his job but otherwise a poor performance. 

A big well done to Rory Schlein however - my nephews always stand and wave at the away riders vans as they leave. They often get a wave back, but Rory stopped his van and gave them a cap which they were absolutely over the moon with. A simple but effective way to get two new fans.

Edited by boz
  • Like 8

Good to see Erik back, certainly hasn’t forgotten how to gate and will get racing sharpness back the more he rides.

Comfortable win against a poor Berwick team in the end. Everyone chipped in and great to see Mulford ride with a bit more confidence.

Only Knudsen and Hook were positives for the Bandits.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, boz said:

Whilst the Berwick fans will point to a poor performance from their side, it was an equally good performance from the Bears.

Didnt really look a weak link tonight - having Riss back a lift for the whole side. Good to see King back on form, and both Hume and Bailey rode hard for not as many points as they may have deserved. But hats off to Mulford tonight, best home performance by a mile and rode really well. Shows what at least getting to the first bend in the mix can do, but made some great passes and will surely take a whole load of confidence from tonight.

Knudsen had a strange night, looked excellent in his first two and then nowhere. Hook did his job but otherwise a poor performance. 

A big well done to Rory Schlein however - my nephews always stand and wave at the away riders vans as they leave. They often get a wave back, but Rory stopped his van and gave them a cap which they were absolutely over the moon with. A simple but effective way to get two new fans.

You can say that Redcar were good tonight, but ultimately Poole did the same to Redcar, as what Redcar did to Berwick tonight, a few weeks ago. 
Redcar are a very good side though and made a mockery of Berwick tonight. 

As for the Bandits, it was a story of our season so far. Carrying too many riders, heat leaders not firing and fans becoming more and more frustrated. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BanditsFan said:

You can say that Redcar were good tonight, but ultimately Poole did the same to Redcar, as what Redcar did to Berwick tonight, a few weeks ago. 
Redcar are a very good side though and made a mockery of Berwick tonight. 

As for the Bandits, it was a story of our season so far. Carrying too many riders, heat leaders not firing and fans becoming more and more frustrated. 

Hmm, I think Redcar underestimated Poole that time though. Don't think they'll make that mistake again. But will find out soon as we are back there next week! 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, I think Redcar underestimated Poole that time though. Don't think they'll make that mistake again. But will find out soon as we are back there next week! 

No they didn’t underestimate them, Poole had won their last 2 meetings at Redcar and just rode much better as a team on the night. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I can't imagine any team underestimating Poole ever!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I can't imagine any team underestimating Poole ever!

6 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

No they didn’t underestimate them, Poole had won their last 2 meetings at Redcar and just rode much better as a team on the night. 

Didn't Gavin Parr say that after only losing by 6 at Poole, he thought they had done the hard work to get through. So sounds like they did a bit to me. 

Was going to stream this , but got asked if I wanted to go to Edinburgh with one of Lee's sponsors (Drew AGF plant hire) made the right decision.Bottom 4 in no particular order Berwick, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Plymouth.

8 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Was going to stream this , but got asked if I wanted to go to Edinburgh with one of Lee's sponsors (Drew AGF plant hire) made the right decision.Bottom 4 in no particular order Berwick, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Plymouth.

If Berwick finished top of that list, they would make the playoffs. Need positive results against these teams and pick up anything against the other 5.

Was at Redcar and should have went to Edinburgh  like you instead.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Didn't Gavin Parr say that after only losing by 6 at Poole, he thought they had done the hard work to get through. So sounds like they did a bit to me. 

I think most people would think that coming away from Poole with only a 6 point defeat was a good result and I think that’s what Gavin was saying. 

However I guess if you are used to winning everything you have to look for any perceived slight for motivation. Poole were just far too quick and determined on the night.

11 hours ago, boz said:

Rory has always been a class act on&off the track

2 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

If Berwick finished top of that list, they would make the playoffs. Need positive results against these teams and pick up anything against the other 5.

Was at Redcar and should have went to Edinburgh  like you instead.

For this reason yesterday's result doesn't really matter for Berwick (apart from pride) with Birmingham, Edinburgh & Plymouth losing multiple times at home, as long as Berwick can win or "draw" at home they'll make the play-offs, don't even need to worry about aggregate points!