British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Oxford v Birmingham Wed 14th June CL

Blimey there are some appalling roadworks in Oxfordshire!

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

It's only £20 if purchased before raceday, so more or less the same as everyone in the CL. I'd say a couple of reasons they can afford the riders is the attendances and good sponsorship.

Same as Poole in reality

Why are you comparing it to Poole to a Brummies fan! lol

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

But you can spend the day in Oxford beforehand, which is a far nicer city!

Poole isn't a city anyway! Do they have a posh beach..

Oh...

;)

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If you can see through the dust clouds 

Not as bad as Plymouth mind! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1

No you can't pay on the gate, had to do it via mobile.

Parking at Tesco is unrestricted after 8 pm.

Heat 1 left allot to be desired!  Hope they sort it out.

Edited by Col

45 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not as bad as Plymouth mind! 

Your right there Lisa last week was an absolute joke for dust,but it’s hell of a hard I would imagine after the heat we are having.but I also have no knowledge of track preparation.

• Like 1

The last 2 weeks speedway was on a Tuesday. There were greyhounds in the afternoon and the track staff could not get on the track to water it.

No idea what has gone wrong tonight. 30 minute delay for track grading after heat 1.

Very, very frustrating.

Heat 2 stopped - looked to me that the guys really struggled to turn bike. 

54 minutes ago, Col said:

Parking at Tesco is unrestricted after 8 pm.

Same as at the One Stop Shopping Centre in Perry Barr, just don't tell that to Brummies_Ste - he doesn't want you taking any chances  :nono:

4 hours ago, Col said:

Don't tell me they have more roadworks than round here..

10 hours ago, Col said:

...approaching York on the A1079 has been a nightmare since 2nd January due to roadworks and the A1237 northern ring road around York is a constant pain and that's without roadworks!

The worse meeting I have seen this year and it has nothing to do with the score.
Heat one the riders all over the place because clearly the track wasnt fit to race on, 40 minutes of grading the track later we have heat two, quite a bit of improvement, but for the riders it was all over after the first bend.
This is how the night progressed, first out of the gate and you were away, some of the races were closely fought but overtaking at a bare minimum or not at all.
Then after a 40 minute delay to the meeting after heat 1 we have an interval to watch some more tractor driving. They decide to bring out the track curator and praise him for sorting out the track. No mention of the track he had already prepared that was unfit after one heat and he should have been given a telling off from the referee.
Very disappointed with racing, the meeting in general and the state of the track from heat 1. Its only about 75 minutes from my home and was going to get to some of the NDL meeting, not going to bother now.

58 minutes ago, P T Preece said:

The worse meeting I have seen this year and it has nothing to do with the score.
Heat one the riders all over the place because clearly the track wasnt fit to race on, 40 minutes of grading the track later we have heat two, quite a bit of improvement, but for the riders it was all over after the first bend.
This is how the night progressed, first out of the gate and you were away, some of the races were closely fought but overtaking at a bare minimum or not at all.
Then after a 40 minute delay to the meeting after heat 1 we have an interval to watch some more tractor driving. They decide to bring out the track curator and praise him for sorting out the track. No mention of the track he had already prepared that was unfit after one heat and he should have been given a telling off from the referee.
Very disappointed with racing, the meeting in general and the state of the track from heat 1. Its only about 75 minutes from my home and was going to get to some of the NDL meeting, not going to bother now.

Then it'll be your loss because some of the NDL stuff has been superb so far this season.

After a bad start (and it was a really bad start), I thought the meeting improved. I saw quite a few overtakes, so not sure what you were watching. Admittedly it was often because a lesser rider got out in front of a heat leader, but it there was never going to be any overtakes the other way around was there. Plus there was plenty of close racing.

I can see why the delay at the start was frustrating, but they apologised often enough about it. Mistakes happen. Most of the people I spoke to were happy to forgive and forget, and just enjoy the evening. After all the meeting still finished by 9.45pm, so was only 20mins ish later than usual. It's certainly the only time I've known it happen at Oxford, so give them another chance.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 3