racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Leicester Monday 19th June Live on Eurosport

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Think you must have been watching the wrong match :blink:

I think he means there was good racing but the camera man kept missing it 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think he means there was good racing but the camera man kept missing it 

Right... just read so many negative comments on here tonight for what was a perfectly good speedway meeting, with some good racing once the track settled, some questionable refereeing decisions and very nearly another super heat.

Eurosport is what it has always been... it ain't never gong to change and the sooner people realise this the better for all of us that have to read the same old crap on every televised thread. 

Apologies to @arnieg

• Like 5

I thought Lynn done well tonight with what we had left.Before the meeting I had us down for 40pts,but with losing Laguta and Riss being absolutely shocking 43pts was a very good effort.

Bomber is getting some stick,but he does put the effort in.Although tonight he looked to have that bit of desperation about him.When he hit Jorgensen that could have ended very badly,as Jorgensen seemed to point out.

With hindsight King for Toft and R/R for Jakobsen may have worked better,but we will never know.The beauty of hindsight.

Klindt has looked a different rider at home in the last couple of meetings,must be a confidence thing with him.

Laguta again the fastest man on show,hope the injury sustained when Harris hit him is only precaution and we do see him back here in a week or so.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Right... just read so many negative comments on here tonight for what was a perfectly good speedway meeting, with some good racing once the track settled, some questionable refereeing decisions and very nearly another super heat.

Eurosport is what it has always been... it ain't never gong to change and the sooner people realise this the better for all of us that have to read the same old crap on every televised thread. 

Apologies to @arnieg

Unsporting behaviour by Klindt in his first ride.

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

Unsporting behaviour by Klindt in his first ride.

I don't know that he threw it down and deliberately stayed down... but the ref should definitely awarded it

Another positive showing from Lynn tonight, but when 3 riders are scoring 36 points and the other 3 are scoring 7 you don't stand much chance of winning a meeting. 

I feel we are just that 1 rider away from certainly being disruptive to teams trying to get in the playoffs. Let's say for arguments sake we did get Simon Lambert in at 2 or 6, does anybody know what average we would be left with for a replacement for MPT?

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't know that he threw it down and deliberately stayed down... but the ref should definitely awarded it

He deliberately stayed down.

3 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Another positive showing from Lynn tonight, but when 3 riders are scoring 36 points and the other 3 are scoring 7 you don't stand much chance of winning a meeting. 

I feel we are just that 1 rider away from certainly being disruptive to teams trying to get in the playoffs. Let's say for arguments sake we did get Simon Lambert in at 2 or 6, does anybody know what average we would be left with for a replacement for MPT?

Simon Lambert :nono:

2 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Simon Lambert :nono:

I'm not the biggest fan of the idea (believe me). However we can't rely on guests and R/R for the foreseeable future. Riss scored 1 and R/R scored 5+1 tonight, it's just not good enough. If we take a hit to the average to get Simon Lambert in, this should leave us with a decent amount to get a decent no.5 in.

I can imagine that Jakobsen and MPT demanded some quite high wages per meeting, especially Jakobsen being an Ekstraliga rider so extra money should be released so budgetary pressures can't be an excuse even with Artem...

8 minutes ago, TINYS said:

He deliberately stayed down.

Doesn't really matter whether he did or not really, ref should have awarded it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

We're all bored of your anti Buster crusade, stop polluting threads with it, go and make your own thread somewhere and leave us all alone.

Agree. I started watching about an hour behind so have only just read the thread and it's full of absolute garbage.

Thought that was a pretty good meeting, we are obviously struggling this season so all you can ask is for the team to give it their all and show some fight, and they did that. Unfortunately Laguta was never going to carry on after getting a knock but he was fully committed on track. Riss was either uninterested or unfit, you feel with a half decent guest we would have won that.

58 minutes ago, iainb said:

Apologies to @arnieg

Well said Bagpuss. I must say that over the past year or so I have been one of TJ's biggest critics but I thought he rode his socks off tonight with plenty of aggression so well done to him. If only he could ride that every meeting! 

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

So I'm getting a bit of stick for this :D

The point I'm making and obviously not getting across very well is that we have the basic Sky package with no Sky Sports, movies etc. just entertainment, even if I had no interest in any sport at all we would still get Eurosport as I understand it so tonight's speedway is automatically there on my telly because I choose to watch all the other Sky channels that come with the entertainment package. 

Merely jesting!

• Like 1

Another good meeting at Lynn with plenty of bad luck thrown in.. So unfortunate about Artem - I hope he makes a swift recovery.

Klindt was fantastic - a true captain. I don't know much about how Pickering/Jakobsen were as captain but it's clear that Klindt is superb at it. Jorgensen battled really hard tonight too and Edwards is probably the nicest guy King's Lynn have ever had riding for them!

Listening to Buster talk at the 'post-meeting conference' was quite sad. The future of the club really does seem uncertain.

Edited by KingsLynnStarsFan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I've often thought if one rider causes a stoppage the referee should ask the opposition team manager if they want a re-run? Fairest way to do it! There would be no room for gamesmanship as it wouldn't even matter if the ref thought the rider could have got up or not!

If you're holding a 5-1, you'd want it awarded. If you're on a 3-3 you'd want a re-run. On a 4-2, then you've got a decision to make.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But Laguta just let his team down imo.

Artem's mechanic did not fully translate his answer about leg injury. Artem said that his leg went into front wheel of Harris.

Watch carefully starting from 0:20 how Artem's metal shoe goes off after contact with front wheel of Harris.