British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Plymouth v Oxford - Tue 20th June - Champ

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

'Mon the Gladiators!!:D

Seriously? Not that bothered about finishing top. Yes it would be nice to but we never got many choices last season and we still won. So as long as we get top 6. Let someone else choose the teams for playoffs. What if you choose wrong ones and it costs you! 

Edited by lisa-colette

Scott Nicholls was excluded from his first race for starting without a dirt deflector.

Could any one tell me the specific regulation that covers that please?

Thanks 

Why was he allowed to leave the pits without one ? Surely that's something that the machine examiner should be looking for 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HGould said:

Well done Henry Atkins. 

He's certainly flying at the moment. I had serious doubts about him in this team at this level, but he's proved me wrong - in style. Averaging 5.27 so far this season (across all comps).

Edited by Bojangles

Best team one for once the reserves done there job between them scoring more than there average gilkes was very good but if you have a no1 who can’t win a race and barker riding like he’d never seen the place you have no chance no point moaning about team changes he ain’t going to do it what’s the point well done Oxford best no 1 I’ve seen here all season and a good bloke hope you have a great rest of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Best team one for once the reserves done there job between them scoring more than there average gilkes was very good but if you have a no1 who can’t win a race and barker riding like he’d never seen the place you have no chance no point moaning about team changes he ain’t going to do it what’s the point well done Oxford best no 1 I’ve seen here all season and a good bloke hope you have a great rest of the season.

I wasn't there, but it seemed like a strange decision not to put Gilkes out in heat 15, no? Not sure it would have made much difference, but he only dropped one point to an opposing rider all night - might as well give yourself the best possible chance of getting a 5-1, as I don't think Howarth and Worrall were ever going to get the better of Masters and Nicholls.

9 hours ago, HGould said:

Not hard to envisage Henry Atkins having 6 rides at least here. 

The irony of being nurtured and appreciated and scoring points for fun at Oxford v being used as a pawn and ignored by May at Plymouth might not be lost on the more understanding Plymouth fans tonight. 

Oxford win

Think you need to get your facts right re Henry.

Know for a fact Plymouth didn't want to lose him.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, HGould said:

Well done Henry Atkins. 

Second match in a row 

Plymouth look to be heading for the wooden spoon! Unless Berwick, Birmingham & Edinburgh also keep losing at home that is

7 minutes ago, weatherman said:

Think you need to get your facts right re Henry.

Know for a fact Plymouth didn't want to lose him.

The team manager drove him out, like he did at Somerset. 

Simple as that and a matter of fact. 

He didn't want to leave, he was fine there until May arrived, but May made his position untenable. 

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

The team manager drove him out, like he did at Somerset. 

Simple as that and a matter of fact. 

He didn't want to leave, he was fine there until May arrived, but May made his position untenable. 

He didn't and you will notice that they get on really well still.

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

Why was he allowed to leave the pits without one ? Surely that's something that the machine examiner should be looking for 

no it’s up to the mechanic to put it on the bike the machine examiner will inspect it in the pits along with the bike whether it’s on the bike or not it usually the last thing the mechanic  does after warming the bike up as it’s pretty hard to start the bike off the back wheel with it on 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Sidney said:

Scott Nicholls was excluded from his first race for starting without a dirt deflector.

Could any one tell me the specific regulation that covers that please?

Thanks 

Copied and pasted from SCB rulebook:

04.2.7 Dirt Deflectors Are compulsory and must be FIM Homologated, including all the parts.

• Like 1