British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham v Berwick Wed 21st June CL

What's the big 'B' on the race jackets... Leicester Lions 'B' team? :D

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Went to Kings Lynn a few years ago and sat in the seats , there was barely another person in there. A chap came and said your sitting in my seat lol very sad people out there 

Are you absolutely sure he said "sitting" and "in" my seat as they do talk in a local accent at Lynn at times. 

Edited by scoobydoo

Hope Brummies can turn this round, got a lot of respect for the owner, who is putting a lot of effort & money into the club to try & make them successful.

• Like 1

in the likely event wolverhamton pack up then i imagine they will get some more wolves fans travelling to brum

Edited by chun
  • Like 1

pleased for brum tonight.  some decent racing and good to see young british talent being given a chance.

Wasn't a bad meeting that. Good for Birmingham to get a home win get some more fans back, maybe we were all too harsh on batch. 10 points more than acceptable.

Was just thinking did Dickson manage Scott Courtney when he was a rider or was that the previous promotion?

• Like 1

Great win for the Lions 'B'... at the risk of being a keyboard warrior, it's hard to imagine your previous manager making those team changes and also pulling Bowtell from his 2nd ride for a tac sub... play offs here we come :D

• Like 1

Sat in the car ready for the long drive home. Very disappointed with the outcome but the lads gave it a great go against a very solid Birmingham side. 

Nice to see a little bit of optimism from the Brum fans which I spoke to tonight. Best of luck for the rest of the season!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wasn't a bad meeting that. Good for Birmingham to get a home win get some more fans back, maybe we were all too harsh on batch. 10 points more than acceptable.

Was just thinking did Dickson manage Scott Courtney when he was a rider or was that the previous promotion?

We signed Scott when SD was there. He didn't get on too well from memory.

2 minutes ago, MD said:

We signed Scott when SD was there. He didn't get on too well from memory.

Was that the father and son x 2 side?

just reading up on the courtney’s.  can remember a couple of them coming to ipswich in the late 80s / early 90s

Well done Birmingham the fans and the promoter deserved that great first meeting from Batchelor as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bruno said:

Went to Kings Lynn a few years ago and sat in the seats , there was barely another person in there. A chap came and said your sitting in my seat lol very sad people out there 

Similar happened to me at King's Lynn, but in the 1980's.  Went on Hull Supporter's Club coach, was taking photos and moved away from the Hull fans to the other end of the stadium, standing at the very front of the terracing, some worse for wear 'supporters' came down from the top row and said "you are spoiling our view ! Move ! Now !", was on my own so I did.  I may have worn my Hull scarf, shouldn't have made make any difference, not at speedway, don't think those characters were Stars fans at all, Lynn colours were yellow & green in those days and we've always found the Stars fans, & speedway fans in general, to be a friendly bunch.  Been back to King's Lynn a few times, mid-2000's on, but never been a fan of the place since.  Shame, like I said, 99.99% unknown behaviour at speedway, worn Hull cap, jacket with programme board many times, at many venues, never any issues....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Pleased he has done well - some weeks he wont do as well but thats all part of it, he is a talent but can frustrate at times for sure. I felt it was wrong that having had decent season last year in both leagues he found himself without a place for 2023.