British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RideHard

Sheffield v Leicester (Prem R1)

52 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

The form of Adam Ellis is worrying

Think he needs jack’s engine, even a worn out one

Adams form is crap at the moment, but who is around to replace him  ?????......Bring back the BATCH 

• Haha 1

Bad result for Sheffield tonight but don t worry we ll get to the play offs and bring lambert in to see us over the line lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A very handy result for the Bates franchises to keep them both fully involved in the play-off picture.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

A very handy result for the Bates franchises to keep them both fully involved in the play-off picture.

You little tinker.

• Like 2

What a match! First time I've been to Sheffield in about 10 years and to be honest I was expecting a bit of a dull affair as it's not the track it used to be... Wrong!

Lions were electric from the gate with the only real opposition coming from Jack Holder and Musielak who was always dangerous when behind if a little wild at times. One thing I can't understand... Bomber was clearly the slowest rider out there, riding slower than a slow thing yet unbelievably he was passing people and then managing to stay in front... when he wasn't clipping the fence and falling off, it was quite amazing to watch.

Track probably just needed a tiny bit more water on it and it would have been perfect and I wouldn't have come home with a Tiger tan!

Any advice on parking as it was the usual bore getting out of the car park... which I didn't mind so much in the past but now I'm paying £3 for that privilige it's not so much fun, even after an away win :drink:

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

What a match! First time I've been to Sheffield in about 10 years and to be honest I was expecting a bit of a dull affair as it's not the track it used to be... Wrong!

Lions were electric from the gate with the only real opposition coming from Jack Holder and Musielak who was always dangerous when behind if a little wild at times. One thing I can't understand... Bomber was clearly the slowest rider out there, riding slower than a slow thing yet unbelievably he was passing people and then managing to stay in front... when he wasn't clipping the fence and falling off, it was quite amazing to watch.

Track probably just needed a tiny bit more water on it and it would have been perfect and I wouldn't have come home with a Tiger tan!

Any advice on parking as it was the usual bore getting out of the car park... which I didn't mind so much in the past but now I'm paying £3 for that privilige it's not so much fun, even after an away win :drink:

You can park in some side roads or a bit further away and walk, it was made worse by the roadworks - I spent about 20 minutes queueing to get into the car park, the crowd was also larger than normal so it all had a knock on effect.

There also is a paid for Car Park near Hillsborough corner (not sure if its free at night) - its probably a 5-10 minute walk to the stadium from there.

Leicester looking a good solid team last night - should have won by more!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Thanks 1

Best team won on the night but Sheffield must be having serious doubts about Adams form. Good rider but way off where he should be this season. Don’t know if it’s hand injury or his bikes but something is not right. The way it’s going at the moment he will get a spell at reserve which could be a good thing for him and the team 

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Best team won on the night but Sheffield must be having serious doubts about Adams form. Good rider but way off where he should be this season. Don’t know if it’s hand injury or his bikes but something is not right. The way it’s going at the moment he will get a spell at reserve which could be a good thing for him and the team 

Problem is Sheffield can’t carry Adam long enough for his average to drop to be number 6, if the promotion aren’t looking now for a replacement it could be too late if left until end of July averages as there’s 6 matches in that period and play off place could be over by then 

• Like 1

Leicester have really thrown a spanner in the works. Belle Vue. Sheffield, Wolverhampton and Ipswich seemed from the off destined for play offs. Now Leicester have muscled in and a big name will miss out. Makes for exciting league. 

• Like 2