British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RideHard

Sheffield v Leicester (Prem R1)

Very interesting match up, Sheffield been solid at home but Leicester got a team that rides Owlerton well.

rumours of Pickering signing for the tigers which makes us stronger as he is better than a middle order rider and I’m sure he can do better than a 5 point average. 
always love to see Sedgmen ride I was gutted to lose him at the end of last year, Fricke is bang in form I suspect he will test Musielak and Holder. After such a poor away performance the bonus point is out of reach but think we’ll have enough to see off the lions.  50-40 home win

Edited by RideHard

My first match at Owlerton this season - looking forward to it - rain seems done for the next week now so no issues I hope. 

I think a home win also but say 48-42

• Like 1

Will be a close match, all in good form, Pickering boost for tigers if fit ,get ya backside trackside will be a cracker

Think this will be Sheffield’s toughest test if the season at home to date, Leicester’s solid top 5 have all shown in the past they can get to the chequered flag first around Owlerton, Sedgeman has done plenty laps around there and fast in front, Harris is Harris and the 3rd to 1st swoop on bends 3/4 the other year live in the memory, Lawson usually good for points and was in the aborted 2020 line up, Morris is a regular guest around the place and agin fast in the lead, Fricke riding superbly well at the moment not really done many laps around Owlerton but that won’t stop him and Allen and Kemp have both ridden for Sheffield in the past and will be stern tests for their opposing numbers.

The key areas in this one are the 3 and 4 and reserve combinations, Ellis needs to continue his recent home improvement and Pickering be on the pace straight away as they’ll have it touch against Lawson and Harris.  Howarth and Gilkes will need to be on top form to outscore Allen and Kemp who’ve both reached the flag first plenty times be that in a Tigers race jacket or opposition one.

The score prediction is a tough one, I’ll go for a home win but nowhere near by as much as recent home wins, 48-42 

Got to go with a home win but Sheffield could be pushed by an improving Leicester side. The addition of Pickering i think will be the move to bring the Tigers overall success this season.

50-40 I reckon

weather might win this one by the look of the rainfall radar!

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

weather might win this one by the look of the rainfall radar!

Just looked at the Weather radar we use at the track and moved the location to Owlerton and no rain forecast until after 2am on Saturday morning.

1 minute ago, W9 Lion said:

Just looked at the Weather radar we use at the track and moved the location to Owlerton and no rain forecast until after 2am on Saturday morning.

yes... looking at the Met Office radar and the rain that is about looks to be fizzling out and hopefully heading south of Sheffield :t:

We had a wee bit of rain (around lunchtime)  but suns been out hopefully all clear for tonight 

Leicester are going to win the league.

Bet on it.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Leicester are going to win the league.

Bet on it.

They are on fire tonight!