British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Birmingham 23-Jun-23 Championship

I'm at the inlaws in Falkirk and I'm going to this

2 poor teams so I'm hoping for a close match 

7 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Sedgy in a bit of form at the moment so expect him to get double figures. Morris normally goes well round our place. Batch will either be a hit or a miss. 

I’d like to think the likes of kye, lasse and borke will have the beating of the Brummies lower end. I’d take any form of home win big or small as it will secure the bonus point regardless.

He was really good last night at Sheffield 9+2 from a visiting no 2 is about as good as it gets! Completely different track of course but........

19 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

He was really good last night at Sheffield 9+2 from a visiting no 2 is about as good as it gets! Completely different track of course but........

Former Monarch.

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Former Monarch.

he has no excuses then!

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Former Monarch.

More Importantly trapping like an absolute demon at the minute. Could conceivably go unbeaten 

Watched the stream should have been abandoned after heat 1 when Pickering and Morris out of shape, you know things aren’t good.  
Joe Thompson broken collarbone in heat 2.  

Several showers during the day and pretty much constant rain from before the start all the way through.

Very heavy rain on the way back to Falkirk

They probably should have called it off after heat 2

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Unfit track what's script with that? Weather?

Would have thought so Edinburgh generally prepare a decent track.

I am sure Blobby will be along to give us his professional insight.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Would have thought so Edinburgh generally prepare a decent track.

I am sure Blobby will be along to give us his professional insight.

Yeah bspl saying rain. Just when updates sure said unfit track. Like you say has it's downsides but usually well prepared 

10-15 years ago that would never have been anywhere near being called off, but it seems the riders/bikes, probably more the bikes, just can't cope with conditions like tonight and therefore was the correct decision, but I've certainly watched meetings in far worse conditions without much of a fuss being made.

1 minute ago, spt82 said:

10-15 years ago that would never have been anywhere near being called off, but it seems the riders/bikes, probably more the bikes, just can't cope with conditions like tonight and therefore was the correct decision, but I've certainly watched meetings in far worse conditions without much of a fuss being made.

Remember Edinburgh Vs Glasgow so much water got into tapes was flag start. Peter Carr was on the mic calling Micky Powell a cheat. That would be off the day before now

Had heavy showers this morning which would’ve been perfect and the track was perfect till the constant drizzle hit from 7pm. Then just continued from then on and the track just got worse and worse with no chance to recover. Typical really nice all week then gets to 7pm on the Friday and the rain hits. Oh well we’ll try again another time.

28 minutes ago, spt82 said:

10-15 years ago that would never have been anywhere near being called off,

10-15 years ago, people were saying exactly what they are saying today. In fact, when I first started watching speedway in the 1970's people were saying the same thing too. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Had heavy showers this morning which would’ve been perfect and the track was perfect till the constant drizzle hit from 7pm. Then just continued from then on and the track just got worse and worse with no chance to recover. Typical really nice all week then gets to 7pm on the Friday and the rain hits. Oh well we’ll try again another time.

should never have started from what i was told by a few riders