Sign in to follow this  
davieb1

Premiership pairs 2023

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Roll up! Roll up! Peterborough represented by Ben Cook & Richie Worrall :rofl:

It's all going very well this isnt it? 

I for one am shocked...

On 6/26/2023 at 11:17 PM, IanBrannan said:

I really don’t understand what’s “unbelievable” about it. Emil and Laguta were never riding in the meeting due to other commitments in their schedule so chalk those off.

<snip>

Leicester race on a Thursday, and they are hosting it so this date was allocated at the start of the season with the other 2 rounds removed to make it a single event to avoid fixture congestion in the league, and was decided long before any line up was known.

<snip>

I admire your enthusiasm, and your commitment with BSN - even so, it's a complete joke that Sayfutdinov and Laguta were never going to ride, but nobody bothered to tell the fans.  The final section of your second sentence shows how disingenuous the BSPA/L have been.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I admire your enthusiasm, and your commitment with BSN - even so, it's a complete joke that Sayfutdinov and Laguta were never going to ride, but nobody bothered to tell the fans.  The final section of your second sentence shows how disingenuous the BSPA/L have been.

Thanks Roger, I'm not sure what you mean by the second bit. As the decision to make it a one off event was announced on the 3rd of May and explained by Phil Morris at the time.

Chris Louis of course is also one of the directors of the BSPL, he is on the No Brakes podcast this week explaining everything from his point of view. Probably worth a listen as I can't add more to it really.

Anglian clubs having their own competition to see who finishes 5th, 6th and 7th.

The UK gave up Thursday's as a priority race night in return for the chance to get top riders riding over here..

The very same top riders who now end up riding in Poland on the Thursday's that the UK no longer has any priority on...

We must have driven a hard bargain..:rolleyes:

Just run these national championship meetings on the ONE night that fhe UK has priority for.. 

Obviously, you may have to factor in the odd severe strain of food poisoning going around in Poland on the Sunday before....;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

That is the only reason he is enthusiastic about the meeting as it is on BSN. The line up is getting worse every day! 

• Thanks 1

My son and I are absolutely gutted. Ages ago we made the plan to attend this meeting thinking about Doyle and Sayfutdinov, then Laguta etc. Just so sad that British Speedway has reached "beyond a joke" status. That's 2 admission tickets that won't be getting bought for this event. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

It's all going very well this isnt it? 

I for one am shocked...

I for one am not in the least surprised 

To be fair I just want to see good racing whoever is in a meeting, and I’m sure there will be tomorrow with the Leicester track being better than it’s been in a long time.

missing the top riders is nothing new when it comes to shared events, it’s a way of life here

• Like 3

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Roll up! Roll up! Peterborough represented by Ben Cook & Richie Worrall :rofl:

Both top scores there earlier in the season. Worrall 14+1 and Cook 10+2. Cook probably from reserve, but with no Tarasenko. .

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, IanBrannan said:

Thanks Roger, I'm not sure what you mean by the second bit. As the decision to make it a one off event was announced on the 3rd of May and explained by Phil Morris at the time.

Chris Louis of course is also one of the directors of the BSPL, he is on the No Brakes podcast this week explaining everything from his point of view. Probably worth a listen as I can't add more to it really.

You said the date was decided before any line-up was known ... well, they knew there would be no Laguta or Sayfutdinov.

Although it's a shame Louis agreed with Sayfutdinov that he wouldn't have to ride in the Pairs, it's very disappointing that Louis didn't tell supporters. There was a buzz amongst Witches fans about Doyle & Sayfutdinov in the Pairs.

Oh well - at least the Ipswich pairing will get support from Redcar fans :)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, stevehone said:

To be fair I just want to see good racing whoever is in a meeting, and I’m sure there will be tomorrow with the Leicester track being better than it’s been in a long time.

missing the top riders is nothing new when it comes to shared events, it’s a way of life here

However, it shouldn't be accepted without question.

• Like 1

Premiership pairs should be your top two riders...no question,so in no way should it be watered down and that's no disrespect to the riders who are competing.wad going to attend this with my son up to a few days ago but won't bother now.will probably watch on BSN for 11.99 rather than the 60 odd quid that it would have cost.

Even the Premiership Pairs draw had Peterborough last out the hat  ,  Bottom of the pile follows them everywhere these days

• Haha 1

As Leicester season ticket holders who have travelled the country watching speedway for the last 54 years, my wife & I have decided we will not be paying out over the top entrance fees for a watered down stocking filler of a meeting like this. If the top Premier league riders can't be arsed, then neither can we. More proof if proof is needed, that however much you try, you really can't polish a t*rd. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1