British Speedway Forum

Just now, geoff100 said:

Anyone who has " withdrawn" should serve a 28 day ban,injured riders with a sick note should have 7 day ban then this couldnt care less attitude wouldnt happen ! 

I think that when your National Championship, (one of the few Comps with credibility in the UK), becomes very much like all the rest, in the way the promoters have to scrabble around to find riders just so as they can put a meeting on....

Then it isn't too far away from being the end of the road for the sport in this country in its current guise..

As. If you cannot even make your "flagship meeting" worth attending, then it really is time to worry..

And that is for both riders and fans...

There will be some "newbies", or infrequent followers of the sport, there this evening, I am sure, who are attending without knowing who the riders even are, let alone the ones missing. And I am also sure that they will be provided with some excellent racing..

Unfortunately there wont be enough there to replace those who do follow the sport, and can see what it sadly has evolved into, and have decided to not bother..

In Poland it is ran as a bona fide sport..

In the UK it is more Sports Entertainment..

And its just a shame many won't face up to that, as there is still a huge opportunity to market yourself off the back of it...

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

See Lewis Kerr now withdrawn what an absolute farce.

Cannot be long now...

"Hi Mike, its Mark, you still got that Wessie in your garage?"..

" If so, Simon Lambert can lend you his old KL Kevs"...

"You will need to let them out a bit"....:D

Edited by mikebv

5 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

See Lewis Kerr now withdrawn what an absolute farce.

In this weeks SS there was a two page interview with him around how he thought he could win..:o:D

Well the 'BSP?' have ruined / devalued second halves and driven team speedway into the ground, so is it individual racing that gets it next? Although cheapening with 12 rider formula's and mega delays to run two / three more heats past 20 on a cold wet night has already had impact on attendances over recent years!.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I would have thought that it make it more interesting if all the Rising Stars were invited to take part!

Talking of which... where are Anders Rowe, Drew Kemp & Dan Gilkes... still on their way back from Latvia?

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Talking of which... where are Anders Rowe, Drew Kemp & Dan Gilkes... still on their way back from Latvia?

Hardly worth coming back if they are racing in Poland again this week...

Maybe took a little mini break with their respective partners in one of Europe's more romantic cities? 

The done thing these days I believe...;)

Remember when kenny carter rode with a broken leg in a british final! i wonder how todays injuries compare? 

• Like 6

Just now, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Bomber should take the title tonight 

Is he the last rider left standing?

42 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I would have thought that it make it more interesting if all the Rising Stars were invited to take part!

Use NDL for those who have dropped out and the NDL guys only have to complete three laps whereas the rest do four. 

• Like 1

From the pictures on belle vues twitter page tracks is looking quite very spongy and wet.