British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Tai will get critised either way, if he rides hes only doing it when its convenient for him, if he doesn't ride he is shunning British speedway. 

Such is life as a professional sportsperson. As someone who is very vocal about what he does to help promote British speedway you’d expect him to turn up for this or make a press release explaining why he’s absent.

Even if he had to do it once a year to stop the gossiping it would make his life easier I’m sure. 

Personally I’m disappointed we won’t get to see Tai or Robert Lambert as it would make for a real contest for the title with Dan Bewley. But I don’t hold it against them for not competing. It’s a rare occurrence for Britain to have three truly world class riders these days, to have them battling it out for the national title at the best track in the country would be something to savour though. 

3 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Such is life as a professional sportsperson. As someone who is very vocal about what he does to help promote British speedway you’d expect him to turn up for this or make a press release explaining why he’s absent.

Even if he had to do it once a year to stop the gossiping it would make his life easier I’m sure. 

Personally I’m disappointed we won’t get to see Tai or Robert Lambert as it would make for a real contest for the title with Dan Bewley. But I don’t hold it against them for not competing. It’s a rare occurrence for Britain to have three truly world class riders these days, to have them battling it out for the national title at the best track in the country would be something to savour though. 

It's all about money. Any idea about prize money tonight?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Crumpet125 said:

If it's called off, give the Cardiff slot to the Brit with the highest Premier Lge average. That would be Richard Lawson, if i'm not mistaken. 

Premiership or Championship?

4 minutes ago, Crumpet125 said:

If it's called off, give the Cardiff slot to the Brit with the highest Premier Lge average. That would be Richard Lawson, if i'm not mistaken. 

I`d give it to Ritchie Worrall just to see if he had the shame to take it.

• Haha 9

43 minutes ago, longmeadow said:

collins louis simmons jessup lee kennett davis

All top level talent when the UK had plenty of it..

But, even then getting 3 in the top 8 like we did last year, and all in the top nine so far this, was not a regular event..

(Granted, the qualification process didn't favour such an embarrassment of riches)..  

And even less a regular event from the early 80s onwards...

And back then the British Final sold itself with the riders on show..

Having 3 such world class riders in such a shallow pond of talent that we have nowadays, should mean they are being included in meetings like this..

If those 3 were in the BF, then another £25k minimum would be taken in attendance money I would say...

No idea what having them there would cost collectively, but it would surely be an investment not a waste..?

Looking forward for a night of high farce in front of a sold out grandstand and televised across Europe... somebody get the Benny Hill music ready :D

• Haha 3

Anyone close to track with weather update? Pouring down (still) 5 miles away.

9 minutes ago, screm said:

Love it!! The mischievous streak in me would like to see an "unpopular" choice win/finish 2nd to Dan, just for the social media/BSF outrage :rofl: 

Edited by Tigerblade

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Looking forward for a night of high farce in front of a sold out grandstand and televised across Europe... somebody get the Benny Hill music ready :D

Now Now...

Play nice....

Its people like you who hold the sport back..

Several thousand who have never heard of Speedway would have come on here today, (all by random chance), and probably would have become regulars if they hadn't read the negative comments on here..

Or something like that...:o:D  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, screm said:

Is he light enough to ride at Cardiff? :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

All top level talent when the UK had plenty of it..

But, even then getting 3 in the top 8 like we did last year, and all in the top nine so far this, was not a regular event..

(Granted, the qualification process didn't favour such an embarrassment of riches)..  

And even less a regular event from the early 80s onwards...

And back then the British Final sold itself with the riders on show..

Having 3 such world class riders in such a shallow pond of talent that we have nowadays, should mean they are being included in meetings like this..

If those 3 were in the BF, then another £25k minimum would be taken in attendance money I would say...

No idea what having them there would cost collectively, but it would surely be an investment not a waste..?

I very much doubt that, maybe add a few at best. 

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Anyone close to track with weather update? Pouring down (still) 5 miles away.

Not raining in Manchester at 18 20, but sailing could take place on the lakes the downpour caused at 16.00. Fire brigade pumping out one property.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Looking at the TV meeting v Sheffield, and the Tigers last meeting..

Woffy alone put around 1000 combined at both meetings I reckon..

The 3 of them would get 1000 there I would think...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

im 20 mins away drizzle here

think they will get every one in then call it off, thats the usual.