British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Tigerblade said:

I did hear many years ago that they didn't speak, obviously still the case :cry:

That's sad... families eh!

• Like 1

Congratulations Dan.  Enjoy Cardiff Stevie 

Both worthy.

Thank god Barker wasn't higher on the podium 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Steve Worrall and Ben Barker became just the 33rd and 34th riders respectively to win a rostrum place in the British Final, since its inauguration in 1961.

They've both been on the rostrum before.

• Like 1

Think you will find Lawson is very much disliked by many riders and is hard to get in with… dirty rider at times but can’t take it back like when he left a huge hole for Barker to get up the inside lol…. Loved Simon Stead’s comments that he rides well on British tracks nice dig at the forum people who think he should have rode at the world cup

Well done to Dan showing his class when it mattered didn’t have it all on his own way

Good to see Worrall making the wild card but his brother feels a pillock

Barker and Lambert showed that even in conditions like that if you ride with your head you can do well …. Something that Wright could learn from 

• Like 2

Congrats to Dan worthy winner again, also congrats to Steve he deserves his chance at Cardiff.  Very good meeting in tough conditions, track held up well, heat 1 time just over 62 seconds showed it was raceable. 

• Like 1

Well they started and they finished and the bit in between wasn’t too shabby. Congrats to everyone involved but especially to Dan & Stevie

Well done dan and stevie. Fully deserved. 

richie enjoyed his British final to with a slap up 3 course meal in the craven. 

tough conditions tonight but credit to the riders for ploughing through. Thoroughly enjoyable night 

2 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

I think you will find that Ellis is an also ran. Why don’t you mind your own business. I do not moan about riders who make a genuine effort but the set up in this country says it all about the sport. Carry on replying but I have no interest in you opinion and rest  my case, the sport is dead in the U K and thankfully the Poles know how to put on  decent meeting.

Who exactly are you Hawk127? You talk absolute drivel. 

• Like 1

All-in-all a more than decent meeting.     Congratulations to all 17 riders who rode and gave it everything.   Well done too to the track staff and everyone involved in organising a good meeting against the odds on a track that was not just rideable, but raceable too.

All the moaners with their "should have called it off" and "it's a disgrace of a line-up" were made to look silly.  16 fully-committed riders... brilliant.

Not always been a fan of Ben Barker (e.g. I wouldn't buy anything off his ebay shop) but I had to smile at his interview on the track mic  "I'm always proud to pull on a Union Jack race jacket, and I will always want to ride in the British Final... even though I'm fat".

Nice to see Richie Worrall in the Peter Craven suite tucking into his cheesecake.  The three-course meal was a better choice than riding in the meeting.   After all, how could Richie be expected to compete against the top three -  The six-stone Dan Bewley, the five-stone Ben Barker, and that guy in second place who is definitely not the same height, weight, size and shape as Richie Worrall?

Wonder if Richie's meal was a spare that was left over when the BSPL Chairman couldn't be arsed turning up for the meeting?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

All-in-all a more than decent meeting.     Congratulations to all 17 riders who rode and gave it everything.   Well done too to the track staff and everyone involved in organising a good meeting against the odds on a track that was not just rideable, but raceable too.

All the moaners with their "should have called it off" and "it's a disgrace of a line-up" were made to look silly.  16 fully-committed riders... brilliant.

Not always been a fan of Ben Barker (e.g. I wouldn't buy anything off his ebay shop) but I had to smile at his interview on the track mic  "I'm always proud to pull on a Union Jack race jacket, and I will always want to ride in the British Final... even though I'm fat".

Nice to see Richie Worrall in the Peter Craven suite tucking into his cheesecake.  The three-course meal was a better choice than riding in the meeting.   After all, how could Richie be expected to compete against the top three -  The six-stone Dan Bewley, the five-stone Ben Barker, and that guy in second place who is definitely not the same height, weight, size and shape as Richie Worrall?

Wonder if Richie's meal was a spare that was left over when the BSPL Chairman couldn't be arsed turning up for the meeting?

What have i missed about Richie and weight? 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

What have i missed about Richie and weight? 

It is unfair having the BF at the NSS every year as the lightest riderx have a big advantage over the rest becssue it all about speed not track craft.  

They should have it around the country at different tracks instead....

You can only presume Leicester would be his choice, as that is the only track he can ride better than most it appears.

His brother did a great job last night in conditions that you would usually think would have impacted him, given gating and doing well on slick tracks is his MO..

Maybe Steve has cut the carbs out for a fortnight...?;):D

Hope the meal was enjoyable, the racing in really testing conditions definitely was..

Not the names and level of rider that the flagship competition should have fighting for it, but those who accepted the call, did a superb job last night, and did the sport proud..

And some of those who had to pass up the chance to be the UK's No1, given the conditions, probably for the best, stayed away so the rest could get on with it...

The way the sport is heading in this country, there could be a fair few more opportunities for riders to enjoy 3 course meals instead of racing in the not too distant future...

Hope they enjoy them...

Salads only on the menus though, obviously.....;)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It is unfair having the BF at the NSS every year as the lightest riderx have a big advantage over the rest becssue it all about speed not track craft.  

It's a good thing Ray Harris, Jim Tebby, Norman Strachan, and Eric Boothroyd arent riding now...

30 minutes ago, mikebv said:

They should have it around the country at different tracks instead....

You never complained when it was at Coventry! OR when the BLRC gave PC an unfair advantage every year!

Edited by chunky

2 hours ago, chunky said:

It's a good thing Ray Harris, Jim Tebby, Norman Strachan, and Eric Boothroyd arent riding now...

You never complained when it was at Coventry! OR when the BLRC gave PC an unfair advantage every year!

:D

Not my views..

The views of Mr R Worrall..

Fair play to everyone for getting this meeting on, at 7.30 i didnt think there was a hope in hell it would go ahead

Dan B a deserved winner, but made up Stevie got the wildcard for Cardiff,one of the sports nice guys 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mikebv said:

:D

Not my views..

The views of Mr R Worrall..

He probably doesn't even know the riders I mentioned!