British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Hopefully he can , but it's changed days from when a British final has the likes of Havelock, Loram , Screen , Dugard & Louis or going back further Collins , Lee & Simmonds . Used to be a great event and a fantastic day out its a very poor shadow of itself nowadays, but it is what it's and we just have to make the best of it things aren't going to change any time soon 

The most memorable British Finals of recent years have been when the underdogs (King, Wright) have triumphed.

• Like 1

It doesnt look the most exciting to be honest, but add Woffinden and Lambert in and it already looks 10x better. Hopefully in a few years a few of the new wave of 15, 16, 17 year olds are still improving and a part of this too. 

Do think the British u21 champ should automatically be added into it. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheSmiler said:

Where’s Nicholls?

Preferring to commentate rather than participate?

It’s a shame the top British riders can’t make it, would really make it more of a fight than anyone seriously trying to get near Bewley. 
Not really surprised about Nicholls, the venue really isn’t suited and unless he’s going to be in the mix he’s obviously looking ahead with his TV career.
Those Wolverhampton British finals with Nicholls and Harris were certainly entertaining and no inch given. I do think a change with the danish style that takes in different venues as it gives the technical track craft along side just being 8 stone dripping wet trying to hang onto the bike full throttle around Belle Vue but that’s just my personal take. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

The most memorable British Finals of recent years have been when the underdogs (King, Wright) have triumphed.

Ellis?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

Preferring to commentate rather than participate?

Gets paid more working on TV too

I have nothing against Rory Schlein nothing at all but when you see what young Thompson done last night and Rory is Australian I find that one a bit bizarre for me and maybe I’m cutting my nose off to spite my face but  if you don’t ride in the British championship you don’t deserve to ride for Britain or am I being a bit harsh I no Poland have all the top riders in there league but there would be hell on if zmarzlik didn’t ride in his national championship.

I know he doesn’t have to but I wouldn’t it be a tremendous boost for the British Speedway if Woffy did ride in the British Final.  An event that has held such prestige in the past but has seen it sadly diminished since the inception of the GP’s. 

18 hours ago, a4poster said:

I know he doesn’t have to but I wouldn’t it be a tremendous boost for the British Speedway if Woffy did ride in the British Final.  An event that has held such prestige in the past but has seen it sadly diminished since the inception of the GP’s. 

Should be in all British contracts that if you're British and sign for a British club then you should have to make yourself available to ride in the British Final.

28 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Should be in all British contracts that if you're British and sign for a British club then you should have to make yourself available to ride in the British Final.

lol why?

56 minutes ago, therefused said:

lol why?

Because it's common sense.  A British Championship to find the best British rider should have the best British riders available.   Is that really so hard to grasp?

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Because it's common sense.  A British Championship to find the best British rider should have the best British riders available.   Is that really so hard to grasp?

but then why force it into peoples contracts, you have come up with a completely different point now. 

50 minutes ago, therefused said:

but then why force it into peoples contracts, you have come up with a completely different point now. 

You're not making any sense.

2 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

But what if you don't want to? You can't make a rider race.