British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Glasgow Tigers Bsn Final 1st Leg 5th July

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Didn't Plymouth only score 26, so how are they better? 

Did they? thought it was 29 but I missed the meeting as out of the country.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Did they? thought it was 29 but I missed the meeting as out of the country.

I think it was 64-26. 

20 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It’s not a hole apparently it’s a ridge.

The ridge has a hole on it though.

It was announced on the p.a. that turn one had developed a ridge which was dealt with during the interval. There were no further incidents after that - other than the home team recording zero last places. I can't recall the last time that happened other than when the opposition was so outclassed!:D 

People usually say that no trophies are won til the end of the season, but Poole seem to want to buck that trend.:t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thought the track was excellent. Just the right amount of water, no dust at all, plent of dirt as well for those that wanted to give it a blast. Perhaps Berwick will show Glasgow how it’s done next week? Don’t think they will do as badly, that’s for sure.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

That was bloody FANTASTIC!

Ahhhhh bliss...... Southern Comfort!

Congratulations to all the Pirates

C'mon the Boyzzzzz!

:D

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought the track was excellent. Just the right amount of water, no dust at all, plent of dirt as well for those that wanted to give it a blast. Perhaps Berwick will show Glasgow how it’s done next week? Don’t think they will do as badly, that’s for sure.

Jeez. If that’s what excellent I dread to think what you think superb is. Blue groove after heat 1.

The passes in heat 3 you talked about were only made bc of the “ridge, hole, rut” whatever you want to call it. 

have to say that was one of the worse meetings I’ve seen in many a year. If follow the leader speedway is for you then you can have it. Thats not for me. 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Still a delay for ambulance as a police incident at Poole bus station at the moment. 

what has happened to Nowak? Shocking. Young Pijper far better than expected. The rest of Galsgow as predicted though this is far from over. 

The boy that got  the stab wound it was on the hand and not taken to hospital, so glad it wasn't worse than that. Hope the person in the crowd that was taken ill is okay too. 

As a neutral watching this meeting, how can there be good racing when there is a complete no show from the away team. It takes 2 teams to make a good meeting and Glasgow were just outclassed. It was like watching Halifax away meetings in the 70s and early 80s. Cannot blame the home side or the track, start with Team manager who is crap, and riders who looked beat before 1st corner.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I bought the stream expecting to see a good match and that was shocking 

The track was awful absolutely disgusting to be honest … no passing and a huge rut on bend one … Glasgow happy to get out without injuries though must be said they were shocking 

And sorry but did also read that Glasgow are a team of gaters …. Lol that has to be the daftest comment of the night award ….Harris Basso Vissing and Brennan known as gaters are they!!!!! 
Poole have Lawson Worrall Rowe and Zach who are known for their gating ability … in fact Ben and Newman your only real racers 

Poole as expected better out of the starts and on a crap track nobody is going to pass

Certainly won’t buy again if Poole are at home how your fans put up with crap racing I will never know 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Excellent. Wouldn't like to see it when it's below par then!

• Like 1

Honestly, thought it would be really tough going tonight but didn’t see this coming. Shocking display by us….shocking track as far as racing lines are concerned and shocking entertainment value all round. My immediate reaction was to refrain from attending the “no chance” second leg…..BUT…..I will attend…..because I’ll be assured of some fantastic racing and a fabulously entertaining evening. 
Borefests with silverware?……or “real racing” at Ashfield?……..I know what my preference is………

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

As a neutral watching this meeting, how can there be good racing when there is a complete no show from the away team. It takes 2 teams to make a good meeting and Glasgow were just outclassed. It was like watching Halifax away meetings in the 70s and early 80s. Cannot blame the home side or the track, start with Team manager who is crap, and riders who looked beat before 1st corner.

Cammy brown is not the man for the job 

• Like 1

pumped.

is that the saying gaz and co and can you please confirm. Pumped I’m sure that’s the saying. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

pumped.

is that the saying gaz and co and can you please confirm. Pumped I’m sure that’s the saying. 

Well played :t:

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

pumped.

Is that your prediction for Friday night at Scunthorpe?