British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Glasgow Tigers Bsn Final 1st Leg 5th July

28 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

From a Lynn fan that quite funny. Tell me do riders still have to stuff things up their race suits at Lynn cos they scared of hitting the rock hard track?

I never said the Lynn track was any good either, it’s crap too 

Some of the posts on this thread are ridiculous. The track had a problem which was sorted during the extended interval. Some seem to think Complin and Nowak could have won races had they gated! Brennan is always poor at Poole even when there is no track issues. Basso hasnt had many good meetings at Poole since he left and he must know all our secrets!  To say the track is terrible in general and should be closed is awful , i hope it continues for many years to come.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, therefused said:

I never said the Lynn track was any good either, it’s crap too 

So you want to close your track too.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, therefused said:

The poole track has always been rubbishe, sooner it’s closed the better 

Fool :nono:

Well done Poole. I only saw heats 2-4 but doesn't take a rocket scientist to read between the lines. You have to ride what's in front of you and at Poole, that means gating.

I don't understand why people would rather watch gating than racing, but they make it work and people pay, so that's how it rolls. Surely experienced riders can learn to set their bikes up to gate there, at least after they've had a ride?

Anyway, on to Friday. Might not be a trophy, but plenty of passing, and that's what I like to see.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Hugely embarrassing . There is no way the team we have assembled should score less than 30 points anywhere and against any opposition in our division . 

This is why I wanted the home leg first   a packed stadium full of anticipation, now we'll have a half full stadium if we're lucky and riders and fans just going through the motions . 15 last places , dear god , that actually takes a bit of doing . Only a 16 year old 3 months into his Championship career escapes criticism . 

Great to see a true appraisal of Glasgow's performance last night instead of blaming everything but themselves.

:t:

• Like 4

Bomber is not at the peak of his powers now (understandably).

Basso is the type of rider that can look world class on occasions on the right tracks and surfaces but really should be a 3rd heat leader at the moment

Brennan is probably the most disappointing, has plateaued this season in the UK , back at reserve for Belle Vue and probably struggling with captaincy and expectation at Glasgow. No doubt adjusting as younger rider have to with the expansion of riding in Poland.

The others are pretty much riding as expected with young Pijper outperforming expectations and massive credit to him for that. 

• Like 2

Isn't it funny that all those moaning and whining about how 'bad' the Poole track was are Tigers supporters.  One awful rut on bend 1 which was swiftly sorted is no excuse for such a poor display.

Just admit it guys, your lot were just cr@p.  That's the real reason why you lost so badly.  There was plenty of dirt around the outside, but none of your lot fancied it.  Lawson and Worrall revelled in it.

Well done the Pirates, that's how to do it :t:

Oh and well done Ace P, a great effort from a young Brit/Scot/Dutch :D

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

Tigers were crap last night and as Paulco says there is no way that those riders should only be scoring 28 points.  I must say that the Poole track has to be one of the worst I have seen for racing but even with a decent track I think we would have struggled to get more than 36 points.  The only pass marks are to Ace who continues to out score and ride what he should be doing for a 16 year old in his first season in this league. As for Blobby I would possible upgrade the meeting to shagged. 

Edited by snapper

The track is but Glasgow were the main issue. If you want to win the play offs you need a team that can gate and race not a team just full of racers.

1 hour ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Most Glasgow fans struggling with the simple concept that their team just weren’t good enough. 

Long term under achievers. Maybe the concept is that their Manager is not good enough as he has not won anything with a number of strong teams.

• Like 1

All this talk about Poole being a crap track is utter garbage. If the racing was so poor there would be no one there. Yet Poole have the biggest crowds in the whole of the U.K. They wouldn’t turn up if it was follow the leader. Last night was an exception due to woeful opposition. Glasgow fans need to look no further than their team, rather than blame the Poole track.

Wimborne Road produces excellent racing, but it needs two teams in the meeting. If Poole riders both gate over lesser opposition, what do people actually think will happen?  Last night, heat after heat, Glasgow were found wanting out of the gate. People want passing but it needed the Glasgow riders to gate for the Poole riders to show how it’s done. Plenty of dirt on the outside but never really needed in anger as Pirates were away and gone. Pitiful Glasgow had no answer. It looked like they didn’t change their setups to suit the conditions after all having one ride.

10 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

As a neutral watching this meeting, how can there be good racing when there is a complete no show from the away team. It takes 2 teams to make a good meeting and Glasgow were just outclassed. It was like watching Halifax away meetings in the 70s and early 80s. Cannot blame the home side or the track, start with Team manager who is crap, and riders who looked beat before 1st corner.

Remember Halifax coming to Swindon in around 1974 and it was something like 60-15. 

9 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Honestly, thought it would be really tough going tonight but didn’t see this coming. Shocking display by us….shocking track as far as racing lines are concerned and shocking entertainment value all round. My immediate reaction was to refrain from attending the “no chance” second leg…..BUT…..I will attend…..because I’ll be assured of some fantastic racing and a fabulously entertaining evening. 
Borefests with silverware?……or “real racing” at Ashfield?……..I know what my preference is………

At Poole we normally get both.

• Thanks 1