British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Glasgow Tigers Bsn Final 1st Leg 5th July

18 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Firstly Glasgow was very poor that goes without saying as 15 last places is a shocking statistic but let’s be fair Steve the Poole track is crap and that’s backed up by the almost complete lack of overtakes.

Poole have an excellent home track advantage and took full advantage of Glasgows shocking performance.

I am not sure who thought Vissing and Complin were a good idea but Brennan was outscored by Pijper.

Its all been pretty downhill since Dickson left.

Other than 2011, Glasgow under Dickson weren’t very good. Perhaps he lacked support when it came to team building?

8 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

High praise from a Swindon fan! While it’s great we all get along these days, would be amazing if they can re-open and we get the good old-fashioned rivalry going again. 

Haha yes please!! But it will never happen whilst Gaming and Russell are involved. Over 1,000 Swindon fans at Oxford in April shows you that the appetite for speedway in Swindon is still there and I would love nothing more than to have the Oxford and Poole rivalries back.  I'm only winding up the Poole fans anyway, I've missed that. To see any club getting big crowds in 2023 is good so fair play to them.

What has happened at Oxford is amazing and have been there a few times since you reopened and I'm jealous every time. A Poole Oxford final this year would be one to watch although as a Swindon fan its impossible to know who you want to win!!! Hate both!!

10 minutes ago, K7KDD said:

Its not a speedway track though is it.....its a roundabout.

Yup. Same shape and everything…….

IMG_3492.jpeg

• Haha 3

No good blaming the track.Tigers we’re crap.These guys have been riding for years and still can’t find a set-up.Standard excuse.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, BanditsFan said:

Poole fans must be bored 

Same as Bandits fans.(with losing).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, K7KDD said:

Its not a speedway track though is it.....its a roundabout.

20 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Yup. Same shape and everything…….

IMG_3492.jpeg

They obviously confusing Poole with Plymouth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It's amazing that the likes of Redcar and Scunthorpe come to Poole's so-called 'carp track' and manage to make much more of a contest of it by scoring over 40 points respectively?! Yet a so-called 'top team' simply capitulated.:drink:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It's amazing that the likes of Redcar and Scunthorpe come to Poole's so-called 'carp track' and manage to make much more of a contest of it by scoring over 40 points respectively?! Yet a so-called 'top team' simply capitulated.:drink:

Yup. Cause they gated :icon_smile_clown:

Which makes it all the more embarrassing knowing that's what they had to do and yet managed 3 all night. Remind me did the Poole riders pass in any of those heats?

Edited by Jaizer

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

I take it you were off school the day they did geography? Holland isn't in Denmark, his father Theo is Dutch.

Slip of the finger, I meant to type Dutch,  Have edited Mr Sarcy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MD said:

So Lawson didnt revel in the dirt on the outside then?

He did, but in that race Basso also went wide to the outside edge of the dirt.  Deary me.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Yup. Cause they gated :icon_smile_clown:

Which makes it all the more embarrassing knowing that's what they had to do and yet managed 3 all night. Remind me did the Poole riders pass in any of those heats?

But their fans also didn’t whinge about the track like the Glasgow fans have. The Poole track didn’t suddenly become much worse for that one meeting. Which tells you what? Basically that the Glasgow fans - although not directly blaming the track for the loss - are simply complaining so much because they got hammered.

Even most Poole fans - bar Shovlar and Skidder no doubt - would accept their track isn’t the most exciting, but good grief, not a single set of opposing fans have moaned about it like Glasgow. 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
Typo
  • Like 1

You got to love Poole threads because their fans talk absolute crap it makes for great reading 

Shovlar …. Says that Glasgow has a team of gaters and couldn’t race ….. thick or trolling??

Poole have a team of gaters hence last night they led after 20yds and Glasgow weren’t good enough on an absolute shocker of a track to try and pass and let’s be fair Glasgow were poor

The track just leads to poor poor racing and yes Poole get decent crowds because they are doing well the fans don’t care about the racing …. It’s well known the Poole fans disappear when their team struggles 

At Ipswich we know we don’t have a great track and doesn’t lead to great racing we just have Emil and Doyle which is great when they miss the gate 

Why Poole fans can’t acknowledge their track is crap is what leads to their threads being the longest on here 

• Like 3

I'm a tigers man we were absolutely atrocious & it's not good enough pathetic performance & not the first time at Poole how we can't stand up to them I just don't know as we are a big club well run but the team selection needs looking at who the he'll picked lee complin he's totally useless period & needs to go nowak is poor & needs to go these 2 are our main problem young ace is a prospect & maybe shouldn't be in team as its good to have 2 strong reserves but that's not his fault tigers management picked him & tbf he's done ok on 2 for a 16yr old novice .. that said the performance of our top riders was abysmal they need to take a long hard look at themselves disgraceful stuff .as for Poole track it is awful gate & go and ruts for a final where is the racing lines the entertainment at Wimborne Rd is poor I've seen a few meetings there on bsn there & not involving tigers so it's not just a gripe but we should be doing more ...as for pirates they can win every yr every trophy but if there's no proper racing & entertainment then yhe sport will die there will be no speedway then Bragg about your trophies ...it won't matter if you get my meaning to save the sport you need proper racing tracks poolevisnt it oh & it's not the only one there's a few 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Its all been pretty downhill since Dickson left.

I would disagree completely with that.

Fair enough the trophies have not been flying in the door but I have never been more entertained attending Ashfield in the last 5 years than I have in the last 20. Truthfully, at the end of the day I would take that all day everyday and twice on Sundays over winning silverware.

You want to see the team do well and it would of course be nice to win something but the knowledge of turning up to Ashfield and witnessing top class competitive racing outweighs silverware in my honest opinion.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

You got to love Poole threads because their fans talk absolute crap it makes for great reading 

Shovlar …. Says that Glasgow has a team of gaters and couldn’t race ….. thick or trolling??

Poole have a team of gaters hence last night they led after 20yds and Glasgow weren’t good enough on an absolute shocker of a track to try and pass and let’s be fair Glasgow were poor

The track just leads to poor poor racing and yes Poole get decent crowds because they are doing well the fans don’t care about the racing …. It’s well known the Poole fans disappear when their team struggles 

At Ipswich we know we don’t have a great track and doesn’t lead to great racing we just have Emil and Doyle which is great when they miss the gate 

Why Poole fans can’t acknowledge their track is crap is what leads to their threads being the longest on here 

The track isn't crap at all.  I've been going to Poole for over 30 years and have witnessed countless classic meetings.   I will admit that it's currently not as good as it has been, but it's certainly not crap.  Our boys cope with it very well and so do most other visiting teams.  Yes they may lose, but they don't endlessly bang on and on about the track.  Last night the Tigers were just woeful.  Couldn't gate, couldn't race, couldn't do anything.  End of.  Therefore they got a good tonking.

Oh and not all Poole supporters go missing when we have a poor season :nono:  I have supported them through the good and not so good times and I will continue to do so as long as thery exist....which I sincerely hope is for many years to come :t:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1