British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Latvian GP Riga Saturday 12th August

10 hours ago, Falubaz said:

Speculations... fairy tales... leave those to book writers. How do You know RuZZians would do good in the series? How do You know they wouldn't fail like Woffinden or Lambert (who some Brits said gonna be a Champion soon)?

Because they came 1st and 3rd last time they rode in it perhaps? And their Extraliga averages suggest that they would 'do good'.

Nobody else 'fails', they are just unfortunate to be in the GP at the same time as arguably the greatest speedway rider ever. He can win as many as he likes until he retires (injury permitting) IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nobody else 'fails', they are just unfortunate to be in the GP at the same time as arguably the greatest speedway rider ever. He can win as many as he likes until he retires (injury permitting) IMO.

Spot on IMO as well

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Because they came 1st and 3rd last time they rode in it perhaps? And their Extraliga averages suggest that they would 'do good'.

Exactly this, Bart will have it his own way for a good few yrs i think tbf, there's plenty of riders in the series that can take points off him now and again but can't do it regularly, plus 9 times outta 10 he'll deliver when it matters at the business end of a GP when others fail.

• Like 2

"Highlights" on Eurosport very poor. 

I didn't count but probably only about 9 of the 23 heats actually shown, in an hour long show, at a small track, WTF?

1 hour ago, Joseq7 said:

"Highlights" on Eurosport very poor. 

I didn't count but probably only about 9 of the 23 heats actually shown, in an hour long show, at a small track, WTF?

Just watched the highlights myself.

As you say, very disappointing. The amount of time taken showing the presentation of the trophies and celebrations on the rostrum at the  end could have been used to show another 5 or 6 heats!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Exactly this, Bart will have it his own way for a good few yrs i think tbf, there's plenty of riders in the series that can take points off him now and again but can't do it regularly, plus 9 times outta 10 he'll deliver when it matters at the business end of a GP when others fail.

He is level above the rest of the field like you say,I’d likeEmil and Artum back in they are definitely among the Top GP men.

Just watched the highlights show, regardless if it was a good or bad GP the coverage was rubbish. Showed about 10 of the 23 races with loads of partying about. Rarely showed ongoing totals. Just show the races

5 minutes ago, bruno said:

Just watched the highlights show, regardless if it was a good or bad GP the coverage was rubbish. Showed about 10 of the 23 races with loads of partying about. Rarely showed ongoing totals. Just show the races

Yeah the highlights is poor at best, just glad ive got Discovery+sports so can watch the GP's if they ain't on Eurosports 

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

i think the battles with Zmarzlik and Cierniak in a couple of years time will be good to see

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Watched it on catch up & I have some serious questions. 

1. How much of Polish money goes in to the series?

2. Are rider's instructed to not foul Zmarzlik? 

The final was shocking, it looked fixed to me. Lindgren would have 100% rode anyone else to the fence in that heat, I was absolutely stunned to see him actually move out of Zmarzlik's way. That was NOT the usual Lindgren, going for the win. 

What on earth is going on? 

Why is nobody pressurising this guy when they do it with everyone else. 

The whole field just lets Zmarzlik do what he wants, it's becoming a farce imo. 

Don't be so ridiculous.

9 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Yeah the highlights is poor at best, just glad ive got Discovery+sports so can watch the GP's if they ain't on Eurosports 

Yeh I've got discovery + but I'm away this week and all my devices I can take away are to old to play the app. . Not sure I missed much anyway

Bartosz would still win the world championship this year the way he is riding but when two of the top 3 riders in the Ekstraliga averages can’t compete you cannot deny that it has taken away a significant amount of competition.

IMG_2461.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stevehone said:

i think the battles with Zmarzlik and Cierniak in a couple of years time will be good to see

seem to be good friends too. always giving him advice. could regret it later, but i doubt it.

12 hours ago, stevehone said:

We seen it all before with Drabik, Smektala and Kubera. They are good riders but not at the level many thought they would be after they left the under 21 brigade. Kvech is another that is finding life difficult with the big boys. Not they won't make the top, but it often takes longer time then some want to see. Cierniak in two years time may be good, but the way Zmarzlik rides today I think Cierniak will be some way behind.

• Like 1