British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British GP Cardiff Saturday 2nd September

Personally think Phil does a good job, otherwise you would be there all night with the riders and mechanics antics with bikes anytime there is re run.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, RBThirdbend said:

Gave us a giggle!

Questions from my youngest tonight included,

"Why does he always look so mad?" and

"Why does he do that run where he doesn't actually go any quicker?"

A wise young man...

Baywatch running...:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

Monster man loves the limelight, don’t he?

Very very creepy. 

If I were him I'd never put my laptop into PC World to be repaired.......... allegedly. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hilly said:

They always push next years Cardiff tickets at the meeting, not so this year, hence rumours of a move

Fingers crossed its at Belle Vue.  Utter garbage yet again tonight

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

After last year they simply had to deliver this time and they certainly did.  Vast improvement.  One big disappointment for me was Dan Bewley not bothering to do a lap of honour after either of his two heat wins.  Poor show

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattB said:

One big disappointment for me was Dan Bewley not bothering to do a lap of honour after either of his two heat wins.  Poor show

He didn't do any laps after he broke the tapes!

11 minutes ago, MattB said:

One big disappointment for me was Dan Bewley not bothering to do a lap of honour after either of his two heat wins.  Poor show

Nobody did really except for Dudek, Lambert & Woffy.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

You know; tonight could be the start of a turnover. Obviously, Batsh!t Smarslick looks good for another title, but it depends on how Tia Wolfinden is able to bounce back from injury. Still the future of British speedway looks promising in the hands of Den Bowley and Rod Limpet.

The Danes have not replaced Nikki Peterson, and Len Madman is struggling at the moment. The Aussies look well served by Mick Fruck and Jock Hellfire.

We just need some new riders whose names are easier for speedway fans to spell. Not that spelling seems to be important these days...

Edited by chunky
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, chunky said:

You know; tonight could be the start of a turnover. Obviously, Batsh!t Smarslick looks good for another title, but it depends on how Tia Wolfinden is able to bounce back from injury. Still the future of British speedway looks promising in the hands of Den Bowley and Rod Limpet.

The Danes have not replaced Nikki Peterson, and Len Madman is struggling at the moment. The Aussies look well served by Mick Fruck and Jock Hellfire.

We just need some new riders whose names are easier for speedway fans to spell. Not that spelling seems to be important these days...

Nor does counting...

Knowing that scoring 8 points is more than scoring 7 points  appears to be a thing of the past..:D...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, R87 said:

Utter garbage yet again tonight

I think that's harsh  the track held up much better than last year  ,IMO Cardiff often gives the less favourable riders a real chance of winning a GP and with the roof is guaranteed to be on .

The rider of the night  without doubt was  Holder ( just can't warm to the fellow myself )   my worry with him is he has to ride beyond himself IMO at times   to beat Bart , I think that Tai was under huge pressure from Bart when he came to grief.

Even on a poor night by his standards  he is the one they all fear people go on about him having all the luck but as Gary Player the golfer said "the more I practise the luckier I get " , imagine what he could do if he gated more often  rather than having to do it the hard way !

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Nor does counting...

Knowing that scoring 8 points is more than scoring 7 points  appears to be a thing of the past..:D...

You mean countback doesn't change that? :rofl:

• Haha 1

Taken from fimspeedway.com

The FIM Speedway GP of Great Britain – Cardiff returns to the iconic Principality Stadium in 2024. Check FIMSpeedway.com and @SpeedwayGP social media for more details on Sunday at 11am UK / 12pm CET.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, full-throttle said:

Taken from fimspeedway.com

The FIM Speedway GP of Great Britain – Cardiff returns to the iconic Principality Stadium in 2024. Check FIMSpeedway.com and @SpeedwayGP social media for more details on Sunday at 11am UK / 12pm CET.

IMO there is nowhere else in the UK the roof makes it nailed on ,it can be a great experience  is something a little different they call it the Monaco of s/way and many say that Monaco should not be on the F1 calendar but attracts  huge crowds .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 1