British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 12/7/23 CL

On Wednesday we welcome Berwick to Wimborne Road for a Championship fixture. Will they put up more of a fight that Glasgow did? Not sure they will to be honest.

Forecast is for a strong WSW breeze and afternoon showers but it’s a fair way off yet.

This was the Berwick lineup at Oxford last Wednesday. Guess it’s the same?

1. Rory Schlein 
2. Jye Etheridge 
3. Jonas Knudsen
4. Leon Flint 
5. Thomas Jorgensen 
6. Jacob Hook 
7. Connor Coles 

Rory knows the best way around Poole, and Flint has had some very decent meetings last season down here. But Etheridge, Knudsen and Jorgensen,( if fit), need to really step up to keep it competitive. Berwick reserves are decent and might pick up some points. 

54-36?

Well we better be careful what with Captain Hook in town to steal our treasure! 

Been a while since TJ been at Poole as he always used to be 'ill' when Lynn were down. So be interesting to see if he turns up and if so what he scores! They also pushed Oxford hard until last 3 heats so not to be written off! 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

On Wednesday we welcome Berwick to Wimborne Road for a Championship fixture. Will they put up more of a fight that Glasgow did? Not sure they will to be honest.

Forecast is for a strong WSW breeze and afternoon showers but it’s a fair way off yet.

This was the Berwick lineup at Oxford last Wednesday. Guess it’s the same?

1. Rory Schlein 
2. Jye Etheridge 
3. Jonas Knudsen
4. Leon Flint 
5. Thomas Jorgensen 
6. Jacob Hook 
7. Connor Coles 

Rory knows the best way around Poole, and Flint has had some very decent meetings last season down here. But Etheridge, Knudsen and Jorgensen,( if fit), need to really step up to keep it competitive. Berwick reserves are decent and might pick up some points. 

54-36?

If Berwick lost by 16 at the unbeaten league leaders, it should be closer at Poole - a team Oxford beat almost as easily a couple of weeks ago. 46-44 

3 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

If Berwick lost by 16 at the unbeaten league leaders, it should be closer at Poole - a team Oxford beat almost as easily a couple of weeks ago. 46-44 

Oh look your gloating I mean trolling lol ;)

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Oh look your gloating I mean trolling lol ;)

Haha. I never said we didn’t do it. Got to make the most of it while we are top…I’m sure it won’t last long. 

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

I do find comments like this hilarious, (whether it's a joke or not still funny to me) Poole won home & away to Oxford in the BSN, knock Oxford out of the KOC & just because they lose the away league match (could still win the bonus) people have made such a big deal of it.

I guess because Poole have been so successful over the years, I means more to the opposition when they beat them?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Been a while since TJ been at Poole as he always used to be 'ill' when Lynn were down. So be interesting to see if he turns up and if so what he scores! They also pushed Oxford hard until last 3 heats so not to be written off! 

Poole to sneak a win then.

Can only see a home win & a Pirates bonus point, most interesting part of the matches will be if Poole can win at Berwick.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Can only see a home win & a Pirates bonus point, most interesting part of the matches will be if Poole can win at Berwick.

With Matt Ford present on Wednesday all the Poole riders will want to score heavily.

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I do find comments like this hilarious, (whether it's a joke or not still funny to me) Poole won home & away to Oxford in the BSN, knock Oxford out of the KOC & just because they lose the away league match (could still win the bonus) people have made such a big deal of it.

I guess because Poole have been so successful over the years, I means more to the opposition when they beat them?

Yes, it was obviously a joke. Glad you found it funny. 

Easy home win 60 30

Berwick will score more than Glasgow so i will go Poole 50 Berwick 40

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Are you thinking of someone else? Looks like he missed one visit to Poole out of eight for the three seasons he rode for Lynn that they were in the same league as Poole, and that was due to an injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Berwick will score more than Glasgow so i will go Poole 50 Berwick 40

Think Bandits will do well to get 40.

• Like 1