British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Sheffield v Ipswich Monday July 10th Live on Eurosport

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Pass :)

Thought it was a good compromise myself! Or you could watch the highlights show on BBC2 as only an hour. ;)

Tbf I only watch the England matches. Don't watch county cricket. Maybe I should as I hear Hampshire are pretty decent atm! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Thought it was a good compromise myself! Or you could watch the highlights show on BBC2 as only an hour. ;)

Tbf I only watch the England matches. Don't watch county cricket. Maybe I should as I hear Hampshire are pretty decent atm! 

Even the late great Bob Willis described those that watched county cricket as "social misfits"... imagine what he would have made of Speedway? :D

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe those if you not into cricket should start off with the T20 matches, before writing it off completely. More exciting for some as less time to get runs. 

How about I don't watch it at all as I'm not into it. I wouldn't suggest someone watch welly wanging if they ain't into it. 

I tend not to have any interest in any posh boy sports. 

Edited by Baldyman

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't watch BBC2,, no tv licence 

58 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe those if you not into cricket should start off with the T20 matches, before writing it off completely. More exciting for some as less time to get runs. 

Fair point, I like all forms of cricket but you just can't beat a good test match  and all three Ashes tests have been very good so far. 

• Like 5

Far more to pro sports than what you can see on the immediate "field of play". It's why so much TV and media coverage is given over to discussions, why books are written, blogs posted, online forums where people waste their valuable time.....

Sorry to interrupt this fascinating cricket forum, but any news on the weather from Sheffield? My radar app has it raining there at the moment (2pm.)  

• Haha 2

It has been raining, stopped now but the forecast is for more rain this PM up til 7pm

• Like 1

Bit of rain hit and miss until 7… anything more than 10 mins of rain and riders safety must be taken into account don’t even bother trying to get the tractor out either just call it off 

19 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Last time Ipswich were at Sheffield jack holder refused to acknowledge or shake hands after he was beaten. If he wins tomorrow I wonder if he will want to shake hands etc 

looking forward to the meeting but can’t see the witches scoring more than 40 

Jack was talking with Emil and Doyle in the pits that evening if it makes you feel any less hateful 

18 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d rather pinch some of Baldy’s pins than watch that dross. Could never understand people finding a sport like this entertaining. Most of the players standing around with their arms folded while the bowler takes what seems like an hour to bowl the bloody ball before the batsman gently blocks it, play stops, the ball makes it way back to the bowler (eventually) who then takes another hour to bowl it again. Rinse and repeat ad nauseam. Great “theatre” that. Do they still stop for “tea” as well? They need it to be fair with all that exerted energy..

Cricket is obviously a popular sport so I’m clearly missing something, I just don’t know what it is!

Not knocking you or anyone else who loves it, each to their own of course. A good friend of mine loves watching Golf and will be glued from start to finish when the tournaments are on. I can understand enjoying playing it, but as a spectator sport? Never understood that either. Just not enough fast paced action for me. 

Lucky we do that kind of  negitive analysis on Speedway ..scary 

47 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Sorry to interrupt this fascinating cricket forum, but any news on the weather from Sheffield? My radar app has it raining there at the moment (2pm.)  

Not that much rain where I was. Now Sunny. Some more rain forecast (per met office), around 7pm then dry 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

How about I don't watch it at all as I'm not into it. I wouldn't suggest someone watch welly wanging if they ain't into it. 

I tend not to have any interest in any posh boy sports. 

Yeah, that is your decision. Just if you wanted to give it a chance one day then T20 would be easier to understand and get into. 

Might be a lesson to be learnt here. Cricket is, I guess, a very much take it or leave it sport.... unless you are a die hard fan of it. (Ring any bells).

Yet, with the 100 it has attracted very big, happy, family crowds. It did it by reinventing itself to a younger, family orientated audience. Perhaps, it's the way forward :)