British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Sheffield v Ipswich Monday July 10th Live on Eurosport

Poor from Emil...

He should have got off his bike at the end of lap one, and let the Tigers come past...

Then got back on it again when Doyley eventually had caught up to him...

And then, whilst riding side by side with Jason, agree by pointing out to him which of the two Tiger's they would pass to win the bonus point...

• Haha 4

Just now, Baldyman said:

Right,,,, who's gonna start Ipswich 2024

You have plenty points to ride for yet,you have 3 guaranteed wins against us to start with.

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

What is it with Ritchie Hawkins? He's got a face like a slapped arse half the time and doesn't seem to like eye contact... is he the inspiration you need in the pits when the chips are down? I don't know

He does come across as rude and arrogant at times. 

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

What is it with Ritchie Hawkins? He's got a face like a slapped arse half the time and doesn't seem to like eye contact... is he the inspiration you need in the pits when the chips are down? I don't know

He's great to have around were there are chips to be eaten 

• Haha 1

Just now, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I’d start with Emil…. The concern is what the state of the league will be next year

If he’s interested then you have to sign him. Would hate to see him riding for someone else here. Think it’s a long shot though as he might be a bit busier next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Emil is different class. Pleasure watching him over here this year hopefully comes back next year. One of my all time favourite riders to watch oozes class. 

Didn't look great at Wroclaw yesterday. I was at that meeting. Wasn't making gates and getting passed. Very unusual for him, however the calibre of rider has to be taken into consideration.

50 minutes ago, chun said:

doyle looked a bit off colour in poland at the weekend.  tiredness catching up with the old boy i wonder

Same for Emil, however he certainly bounced back tonight

19 minutes ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

Well done Sheffield. Very disappointing and self sabotaging performance from with witches. Hawkins clearly no clue what was going on in the meeting as 4 had become worse than 3. What a rider Emil is! 6 wins from 7 rides away against one of the best sides in the league 

Hawkins rarely looks or sounds as if he has a clue about anything.

• Like 1

Just now, bigcatdiary said:

It was a Decent TV match with some good racing.

Looks better because it's very fast.  It wasn't anywhere near as good as Tatum is told he has to make it sound.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He does come across as rude and arrogant at times. 

That's because he hasn't got a clue.

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Looks better because it's very fast.  It wasn't anywhere near as good as Tatum is told he has to make it sound.

What worries me about Tatum is he seems to barely do any research before the meeting. When the riders come on he either says they're experienced or young and says their year has been going well. 

A main commentator is needed to be added and Tatum can be the analyst

• Like 2