British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe vs Redcar KOC Semi Final 14/15 July

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

UK rainfall radar map - Met Office

Looks like the rain is around all weekend so probably all meetings in the North will be cancelled.

Hope an early decision is made, as Ben Cook would rather like to watch the GP!:party:

Next Friday both clubs are available is 8th September! Do Scunthorpe have an alternative race night?

16 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Next Friday both clubs are available is 8th September! Do Scunthorpe have an alternative race night?

Scunthorpe are Unique in one of the only teams in the country that has the freedom of running any night of the week if they had to with them owning their own track and the track not been near no housing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Scunthorpe are Unique in one of the only teams in the country that has the freedom of running any night of the week if they had to with them owning their own track and the track not been near no housing

Since May 2021 Leicester have staged matches at Beamont Park on:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Saturday 

Sunday

They did ride a home meeting on a Friday, but it was run at King's Lynn (last November)

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Poole could ride on any day of the week, now that there are no greyhounds - subject to getting stadium staff in!

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Not quite true, Redcar and one or two others can , if they choose too but will be restricted to ONE meeting per week as per the lease.

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole could ride on any day of the week, now that there are no greyhounds - subject to getting stadium staff in!

And the spectators :o

50 minutes ago, KK62 said:

Not quite true, Redcar and one or two others can , if they choose too but will be restricted to ONE meeting per week as per the lease.

Not true, Redcar had 2 meetings in a week in 2021

1 hour ago, Bears4 said:

Not true, Redcar had 2 meetings in a week in 2021

and received a ‘yellow card ‘ warning from the council on the noise complaints so haven’t repeated it since.

8 minutes ago, KK62 said:

and received a ‘yellow card ‘ warning from the council on the noise complaints so haven’t repeated it since.

They have a very good relationship with Redcar council since having renewed the lease in 2018 when a lot of constraints on the club were removed. 

2 hours ago, KK62 said:

You need to get your facts right. As Fortythirtyeight said Redcar have an excellent relationship with the council. In fact in 2021 they ran 3 matches in a week. Redcar can run any day, any time, as long as it does not contravene the curfew.

• Confused 1

Tonight's meeting at Redcar OFF

On 7/15/2023 at 12:40 AM, sidewinder said:

You need to get your facts right. As Fortythirtyeight said Redcar have an excellent relationship with the council. In fact in 2021 they ran 3 matches in a week. Redcar can run any day, any time, as long as it does not contravene the curfew.

I think you’ll find my facts are right, as I negotiated the lease .

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, KK62 said:

I think you’ll find my facts are right, as I negotiated the lease .

So how come, Redcar raced against Poole on a Friday and had an amateur meeting on the Saturday, this season. Earlier in the season, we potentially had Stuart Robson's farewell on a Sunday and Redcar v Newcastle on a Friday in the same week. Loads of other instances, over recent years, It seems to me, that if its in the lease its not enforced.