British Speedway Forum
Petecc

Birmingham v Glasgow 12/07/23

SCB/BSPL won't be rushed. A statement will be coming. Not sure when Morris is supposed to be riding again,  but I would expect some sort of comment before then.

7 minutes ago, Petecc said:

SCB/BSPL won't be rushed. A statement will be coming. Not sure when Morris is supposed to be riding again,  but I would expect some sort of comment before then.

Get what you are saying Pete, but I paid £20 to get told the news just before tapes up. We deserve better.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Morris was due to ride at Leicester next Monday in their match with Kings Lynn, assuming King Lynn have sorted out their issues by then of course.

18 minutes ago, michanekman said:

No word of a refund for last night's cr** stream either. Piss poor. Expected better from this current Birmingham promotion.

Tbf to Birmingham it was a server issue across the platform last night, nothing to do with Birminghams stream. Poole suffered the same issues.

I’m sure the club could really do with the support and people not requesting a refund for something out of their control. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MartinBSN said:

Tbf to Birmingham it was a server issue across the platform last night, nothing to do with Birminghams stream. Poole suffered the same issues.

I’m sure the club could really do with the support and people not requesting a refund for something out of their control. 

No, sorry, people need to be refunded, OR, given a free pass for another meeting. 

Edited by therefused
  • Like 2

Just now, therefused said:

No, sorry, people need to be refunded. 

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be. I’m simply saying it would be nice if people didn’t request a refund which will hit the club when the issue wasn’t their fault

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Which is equal to nothing - no explanation at all.

Agreed - but there could be legal issues involved, so they may have to be careful what they say ?

10 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be. I’m simply saying it would be nice if people didn’t request a refund which will hit the club when the issue wasn’t their fault

Utter rubbish - regardless of whose fault it was, you put on a sub standard product then you can’t expect people to pay for it… and if you do expect that, don’t expect them to return in the future, which has for a long time been speedway’s biggest issue. 

I myself provide a service to my customers on a daily service and if I provided a poor product or service, then I wouldn’t expect people to pay me just because it might mean my business would close. It’s down to me to keep my customer’s happy.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 7

I think that's the last we will see of Nick Morris this year, refusing a test will result in lengthy ban from the SCB.

• Like 1

IF he did refuse to comply with the test that is deemed as a positive test and a two year ban with, I believe, no right of appeal.

I'm sure if there had been any dubiety on the proceedings last night Stewart Dickson would have been on it knowing the rule book the way he does.

• Like 1

Just now, eric i said:

I think that's the last we will see of Nick Morris this year, refusing a test will result in lengthy ban from the SCB.

Didn’t Steve Boxall receive a two year ban for refusing to take a random drugs/ alcohol test? 

• Like 1