British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SJA

Best Team Managers

A number of suggestions for best team manager are for managers of yesteryear whereas the question posed at the introduction ask for “who are the best” not “were” or “have been” So current managers only?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1 valve said:

A number of suggestions for best team manager are for managers of yesteryear whereas the question posed at the introduction ask for “who are the best” not “were” or “have been” So current managers only?

There are a few on this forum.!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 1 valve said:

If thats all we have to do then it's easy, The teams that are winning have the best managers because by doing nothing they can make no mistakes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Yeh the usual suspects love to rake up the past whatever the topic is whether relevant or not

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Toady said:

Yeh the usual suspects love to rake up the past whatever the topic is whether relevant or not

...and your answer to the best current team manager would be? Enlighten us.

Edited by steve roberts

18 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...and your answer to the best current team manager would be? Enlighten us.

...Ok but it is only fair for you to go first as you never answer the original question did you ? Enlighten who ?  do you speak for everyone now !

Edited by Toady

7 hours ago, Toady said:

...Ok but it is only fair for you to go first as you never answer the original question did you ? Enlighten who ?  do you speak for everyone now !

...Okay I'll keep it simple but as you implied "usual supects" (which implies more than one) I'm sure the "usual suspects" would like to know your choice. As regards mine, that's easy, the Cheetahs Team Manager (Peter Schroeck) as they top the table at present!

Edited by steve roberts

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...Okay I'll keep it simple but as you implied "usual supects" (which implies more than one) I'm sure the "usual suspects" would like to know your choice. As regards mine, that's easy, the Cheetahs Team Manager (Peter Schroeck) as they top the table at present!

my choice is Pete Adams always a calm figure around the mayhem of the pits home and away and his record speaks for itself.

Also nice to know that you are the self appointed spokesperson of the usual suspects.

1 hour ago, Toady said:

my choice is Pete Adams always a calm figure around the mayhem of the pits home and away and his record speaks for itself.

Also nice to know that you are the self appointed spokesperson of the usual suspects.

...bizarre analogy but at least you've given an answer which is a move in the right direction and his record speaks for itself however as I've indicated elsewhere he has/had good lieutenants in which to bounce his thoughts off which is always a bonus when planning strategies on and off the track.

15 hours ago, steve roberts said:

glad we agree on something however analogy was perfectly clear as you implied that those suspects would like to know my choice

32 minutes ago, Toady said:

glad we agree on something however analogy was perfectly clear as you implied that those suspects would like to know my choice

...time to draw a line under it and proceed in a civilised and respectful manner.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...time to draw a line under it and proceed in a civilised and respectful manner.

I think you should as you’ve got my answer and I yours

56 minutes ago, Toady said:

I think you should as you’ve got my answer and I yours

My comment was directed at both of us and to put an end to the constant petty squabbling...accept it graciously.

Edited by steve roberts

21 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

My comment was directed at both of us and to put an end to the constant petty squabbling...except it graciously.

I thought I had. but as you say I agree and you should listen to yourself more often.

(Even though it was you who reacted to a post that I had agreed with that was never directed at you at all?)

• Sad 1